Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Series 4 Apple Watch Cellular doesn’t work

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

So, in typical Vodafone fashion they have come out with a new feature and product that doesn’t work at launch - in-fact it does several unannounced and unauthorised credit checks.

So I received my brand new iPhone and Apple Watch today and I have to admit, they look fantastic, after opening the iPhone box and just seeing the magnificence that is the phone I am definitely happy with my purchase.

I open up the oddly packaged watch box and start to set it up, everything is fine except for when I got to the mobile data setup section- at first it looked promising a Vodafone log-in screen, “Awesome” I thought, so I logged in and all of a sudden it was asking me to add a subscription for £5 per month.. I thought this was strange as I was already paying for the watch now you’re trying to charge me more for a subscription, I knew it seems to be a mistake so I just glanced at the terms, it seemed normal just about linking them together so it made sense, I went ahead and clicked add subscription knowing that I would just call Vodafone and explain the situation if they tried to charge me more.

Anyway, it shows me a loading screen and I’m simply waiting for it to complete the link between my devices.

After a short while it went to a blank white screen and then... what’s this... I HAVE FAILED A CREDIT CHECK AND I HAVENT BEEN CHARGED?!?!?

So not only did it fail.. Vodafone has performed a credit check, without authorisation just to link it to my existing plan that I was already credit checked on?

Good one Vodafone, will be returning the watch and the device and leaving the network for good, this is the final straw, I’ve had nothing but trouble with you for 7 years and I’ve stuck by you, but you just cannot get anything right first time, EVER.

wondering if anyone else had this happen to them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

Hi everyone,

OP here, I can’t believe this issue is still effecting some people, I get emails almost daily about updates for this, it’s crazy to think it still hasn’t been sorted for everyone.

i can now finally say all of my issues are resolved and everything is working fine, you have to be persistent and contact the directors team, standard help from the tech team does not work.

Contact Nick Jeffries team and hopefully you will get I resolved like I did.

View solution in original position

1,336 REPLIES 1,336

Saying that i have failed the credit check :Sad_face:

Used to say that with me, they took the EID off my account and readded it and refreshed everything. Now i get this

I bought my watch from elsewhere as vodafone lied that I’d get it on release day... anyhow I spoke to them earlier and had to give them my watch EID but couldn’t do anything until the credit team are in the morning so I have to wait now

Well after being told to go in to store to get the issue fixed they had no idea what to do at all, they checked my account and said it was all fine, they advised to call 191, so yet again I called them and was fobbed of by tech support that I need to wait 48hrs, having totally had enough now, the lack of competence within Vodafone is astounding. I have now been given my PAC and will be taking my custom elsewhere.

Good luck to those persisting with Vodafone

Really don’t blame you. I’m considering doing the same thing

It really does look like Vodafone didn’t do enough work regarding the use of eSIMs on their network.

I suspect their gaps are specifically at the account set up level as they could have had the technology side of things set up for ages - for example they could have added eSIM and the one number to their network ages ago and tested it worked with an Apple Watch 3 (or any device with an eSIM) without the public, or their public facing teams knowing.

This looks like a massive failure with regards staff training as Vodafone staff are themselves frustrated they have been unable to resolve the issues.

Vodafone’s Apple Watch 4 launch is therefore really poor.

Mine’s now working, but I will be monitoring Vodafone’s service very carefully over the next three weeks, and if there are ANY problems the Watch and SIM are going back under their 30 day “try us” guarantee, and I’ll be off to EE.

The balls in your court Vodafone.

Decided to send my watch back. 

I now know the hold music on 191 off by heart. 

They recontracted me a further 24 months on my phone contract that I didn’t agree to. They have been nothing but unhelpful and incompetent. I have waited 24-48 hours numerous amounts of times. I’m fed up and done with the whole situation. 

They keep telling me to message them a code rhey text and text and then not replying. I’ve had 4 of those now.

That’s it now. I’m done. In the middle of another call now and not a single piece of information has been put on the notes on my account. Alls the notes say are “customer can’t connect watch to phone”. Are you actually serious? I’ve just waited THREE MORE DAYS for this to be sorted, after being told on Monday that by today everything should be up and running. The advisors I speak to couldn’t care less if they tried and none of them know what they’re talking about. I’m taking my custom elsewhere and the Watch is going back. Bye Vodafone.

Just signed up with EE 20gb for 20pm and £5pm for watch which has its own 10gb free for 6months.

A friend just bough a S4 and added it to his current EE tariff and was enabled within 30mins, Vodafone take note that is how it should be done, not 6days and still not working!!

@SteLFC wrote:

That’s it now. I’m done. In the middle of another call now and not a single piece of information has been put on the notes on my account. Alls the notes say are “customer can’t connect watch to phone”. Are you actually serious? I’ve just waited THREE MORE DAYS for this to be sorted, after being told on Monday that by today everything should be up and running. The advisors I speak to couldn’t care less if they tried and none of them know what they’re talking about. I’m taking my custom elsewhere and the Watch is going back. Bye Vodafone.

Even after being told my request would be chased up by a Mod on here yesterday it’s now FIVE days without a response and of course my watch still does not work, Ombudsman are going to need a deadlock letter but at this stage I don’t think I’m going to get that in sufficient time so if they don’t supply one I can take it to them saying they are plainly and simply ignoring me.

Ive said it before and I’lol say it again, how do they still have custom, another user here said they had never had problems with Vodafone before, Sir, YOU ARE LUCKY!!!

Disgusting service is the norm here at Vodafone.