Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Series 4 Apple Watch Cellular doesn’t work

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

So, in typical Vodafone fashion they have come out with a new feature and product that doesn’t work at launch - in-fact it does several unannounced and unauthorised credit checks.

So I received my brand new iPhone and Apple Watch today and I have to admit, they look fantastic, after opening the iPhone box and just seeing the magnificence that is the phone I am definitely happy with my purchase.

I open up the oddly packaged watch box and start to set it up, everything is fine except for when I got to the mobile data setup section- at first it looked promising a Vodafone log-in screen, “Awesome” I thought, so I logged in and all of a sudden it was asking me to add a subscription for £5 per month.. I thought this was strange as I was already paying for the watch now you’re trying to charge me more for a subscription, I knew it seems to be a mistake so I just glanced at the terms, it seemed normal just about linking them together so it made sense, I went ahead and clicked add subscription knowing that I would just call Vodafone and explain the situation if they tried to charge me more.

Anyway, it shows me a loading screen and I’m simply waiting for it to complete the link between my devices.

After a short while it went to a blank white screen and then... what’s this... I HAVE FAILED A CREDIT CHECK AND I HAVENT BEEN CHARGED?!?!?

So not only did it fail.. Vodafone has performed a credit check, without authorisation just to link it to my existing plan that I was already credit checked on?

Good one Vodafone, will be returning the watch and the device and leaving the network for good, this is the final straw, I’ve had nothing but trouble with you for 7 years and I’ve stuck by you, but you just cannot get anything right first time, EVER.

wondering if anyone else had this happen to them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

Hi everyone,

OP here, I can’t believe this issue is still effecting some people, I get emails almost daily about updates for this, it’s crazy to think it still hasn’t been sorted for everyone.

i can now finally say all of my issues are resolved and everything is working fine, you have to be persistent and contact the directors team, standard help from the tech team does not work.

Contact Nick Jeffries team and hopefully you will get I resolved like I did.

View solution in original position

1,336 REPLIES 1,336

That does not sound 99% sorted it sounds totally borked! I bet this is a GDPR breach as they have managed to cross connect two sets of customer data

I told them that  they have been solving this for me for nearly 5 months now and surely they are not working on resolving my watch alone for 5 months if so they need a better tec team , I’ve suggested a few things but they don’t listen and yes it shows our data is not 100% safe with them 

I think this needs to go to the national press. Vodafone are the worst company I have ever dealt with. Mine still not working. I have said I’m sending watch back and they just don’t care. Shocking 

@Codhunter123 wrote:

I think this needs to go to the national press. Vodafone are the worst company I have ever dealt with. Mine still not working. I have said I’m sending watch back and they just don’t care. Shocking 

I raised this concern with them on Sunday and its still not fixed. I have called Monday, tuesday and today to chase and still getting told they are looking into it. I have had 2 esim swaps since sunday. Today they are doing a 3rd... They said my EID number is wrong which is incorrect as my watch wouldnt be working as they need a correct EID number to issue a ICCID number.

They really dont know what they are doing and in the mean time I can still dial out as another customers number and receive their calls!

I’ve lost count on how many  esim swoops I’ve had  waiting anything from 24 hours to 48 and even a few 5 days wait and countless promises from customer relations that it’s being dealt with on its highest level and so here we are 5 months on and still the same , done that many resets and pairing I can do it in my sleep.your right it needs going to national press or get some sort of petition going..I don’t think they will ever resolve it so why are they still selling to poor unsuspecting people who will just add to a long list of us trying to sort it . Should be taken off sale by Vodafone till it’s sorted 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello from Spain!

Since the launch of the service in Spain for the Apple Watch LTE, it has been a disaster. In the forum of Vodafone Spain, there are many users who, to this day, still can not connect the LTE of the Apple Watch. Five months have passed, and Vodafone continues to do poor service.

I was able to activate the LTE on the Apple Watch from the first day. But due to problems with notifications, Apple asked me to unsubscribe the e-SIM data service. A big mistake, since Vodafone also dropped my mobile line for three weeks. And they did not know the reason.

However, the other mobile carrie that offers Apple Watch's LTE service, Orange, has had almost no problems with activations.

Many luck, patience or leave Vodafone.

Best regards,

After 2 weeks of back and forth and trying to get to the bottom of them pairing my watch with another Vodafone customers number they finally sorted it.

I went through to complaints team and told them the long story and told them I am refusing to talk to the tech team or any other teams. I told them they are going to own my case going forward and they can be the middle man and feel my pain. I will only speak to them now going forward for all updates.

After 5 esim swaps and checking EIDs there was obviously something else wrong their end. In the end I asked them to try it my way. Disconnect the 2nd number fully, let it settle for a few days and just start from scratch. This worked a treat and went through smooth sailing!

The complaints team saved my sanity!

Day: 121.

still nothing. They don’t even call. I don’t call as well - I am above it.

@GrandL wrote:

Day: 121.

still nothing. They don’t even call. I don’t call as well - I am above it.

I recommend just making a complaint by calling 191 and telling the automated system the reason for your call is to make a complaint. You get through instantly to someone in the UK who is down to earth and listens. They told me they get a lot of Apple Watch complaints and although they are not tech team they are becoming pros on how to fix them lol!

still not working & i dont think they know why!!