Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Series 4 Apple Watch Cellular doesn’t work

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

So, in typical Vodafone fashion they have come out with a new feature and product that doesn’t work at launch - in-fact it does several unannounced and unauthorised credit checks.

So I received my brand new iPhone and Apple Watch today and I have to admit, they look fantastic, after opening the iPhone box and just seeing the magnificence that is the phone I am definitely happy with my purchase.

I open up the oddly packaged watch box and start to set it up, everything is fine except for when I got to the mobile data setup section- at first it looked promising a Vodafone log-in screen, “Awesome” I thought, so I logged in and all of a sudden it was asking me to add a subscription for £5 per month.. I thought this was strange as I was already paying for the watch now you’re trying to charge me more for a subscription, I knew it seems to be a mistake so I just glanced at the terms, it seemed normal just about linking them together so it made sense, I went ahead and clicked add subscription knowing that I would just call Vodafone and explain the situation if they tried to charge me more.

Anyway, it shows me a loading screen and I’m simply waiting for it to complete the link between my devices.

After a short while it went to a blank white screen and then... what’s this... I HAVE FAILED A CREDIT CHECK AND I HAVENT BEEN CHARGED?!?!?

So not only did it fail.. Vodafone has performed a credit check, without authorisation just to link it to my existing plan that I was already credit checked on?

Good one Vodafone, will be returning the watch and the device and leaving the network for good, this is the final straw, I’ve had nothing but trouble with you for 7 years and I’ve stuck by you, but you just cannot get anything right first time, EVER.

wondering if anyone else had this happen to them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

Hi everyone,

OP here, I can’t believe this issue is still effecting some people, I get emails almost daily about updates for this, it’s crazy to think it still hasn’t been sorted for everyone.

i can now finally say all of my issues are resolved and everything is working fine, you have to be persistent and contact the directors team, standard help from the tech team does not work.

Contact Nick Jeffries team and hopefully you will get I resolved like I did.

View solution in original position

1,336 REPLIES 1,336

Hi , I gave up , I had a Apple Watch and spent months trying to get it paired and countless hours on the phone to Vodafone tec team , Custemor services and told being dealt with on the highest level , after 9 month and 3 sim swops I finally had enough and sent it back , why sell or advertise something they can’t connect to a phone , EE did it straight away , hope you have better luck than me 

Loz
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@DKaftermath It's really disappointing to hear you've had this experience with the connection of your Apple Watch! I know just how important it is to get this up and running as quickly as possible. So a member of our team can get this looked into straight away, please contact our team via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or get in touch on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK. Dont't forget to include the link to this thread, along with your username.

Hi Loz, today 11.01.19 they managed at last to get it working, but now they have added 2 extra numbers ( one numbers ) to my account, i will wait a couple of days to see if they have deleted them, i should just have my phone number and secondary number on my account but now have 2 extra ones  at £7 each, its beed a shambles and the customer service must be of the worst i have had to deal with ( some were ok i must add, not all ) 2 weeks of my life wastedon and off the line and being on hold, i was promised some sort of compensation but that didnt happen either ( must have been to try keep me quite for a few days ). Well at least the Apple watch now can use the cellular network.

Hi this is not what you want to hear but I gave up on mine after trying for about 9 months of Vodafone promises of sorting it and hours spent on phone and in store , they are a joke and shouldn’t sell what they can’t pair 

Gurneyr
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Purchased iPhone 11Pro plus series 5 Apple Watch. on 22nd September and began the process of adding a mobile data plan. On paying a subscription advised it would take 20 minutes to install. 10 days later it is still not installed. I have spoken to Vodafone every day, sometimes 3 or 4 on occasions per day without resolution. I have received so many reasons why it hasn't worked including Glitches, orders not closing, duplicate subscriptions, credit checks required ( without my consent), an issue with Apple, 24 hours required to complete, 48 hours to complete reissued orders, syncing issues, iamendments to phone settings, amendments to Apple Watch settings and on and on. Every conversation requesting that I be patient mmmmm....Having read through very similar experiences from other customers I would strongly recommend you do not embark on this journey with Vodafone. The Onenumber facility with Apple Watch is simply not fit for purpose. Their Help Desk is clearly briefed to bluff the customer as long as possible whilst they try and find a solution. Their Technical Team does not seem competent enough to manage the issue. Like other customers my  patience is now exhausted and my 25 year association with Vodafone is now at an end. The service levels are now so poor like waiting times to speak to agents, unreliable information and products that simply don't work. I'm done.

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey @Gurneyr - we'd love to help get your new Apple watched connected. 

We'll need to access your account to help get you up and running - please contact our team via Facebook, or get in touch on Twitter. You can find more information on doing this here.

Please also provide a link to this thread, along with your username; this will save time and we’ll be able to help you quicker.

Hi, thanks for the offer. I decided to contact the directors office and made an official complaint. Fixed in 24 hours....funny that. A rather flaky reason given of a corrupt profile . My account is still a mess with 3 subscriptions for a single Esim a result of the numerous attempts made by the Technical team to solve the problem. That is now another debate but appreciate your kind offer.

Same problem as many others here and fed up of chat, calls and technical people who do not understand the problem and just read out the same instructions. How do you contact the CEO?  Complaining got me knowhere just someone checking that it is resolved every few days and it is not. Tired of resetting Apple Pay, passwords etc. 

I've added my last message I sent to customer services as an attachment (even has screenshots).  Few more days then my accounts and phones move to another supplier if no one knowleagable replies. I don't use Facebook or Twitter so hopefully can still get supported.

I'm afraid I was rather fortunate to resolve the Apple Watch issue. It opened up a can of worms, including bars and restrictions mysteriously manifesting, services applied which had not been requested, international calls suddenly being blocked, spending limits applied which had not been requested. Made formal complaint which have just been ignored. A request for PAC codes to move my account resulted in a termination fee of over £350 and I'm out of contract. Clearly wrong but they couldn't work out why. At the moment I'm held hostage to Vodafone until they formally reply to my complaint confirming I do not have a termination fee but they simply won't respond. Their Technical Trams are simply incompetent as every time they try and resolve an issue they uncover or imitate  another. My suggestion to you is you move as soon as you can as I will do once they resolve termination costs.  I have been contacting Vodafone practically every day since September on multiple issues and due to ring them again tomorrow. Get out whilst you can.