Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iwatch series 4 won’t add mobile data plan

NG2_JAY
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I had my watch sent out when I set it up it wouldn’t let set up cellular data. I’ve spoke to a number off agents and hear so many different things

plesea help 

12 REPLIES 12

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

What has the Vodafone UK agents said to you @NG2_JAY  about this ?

Knowing this will help.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Different thing one agent has told me to go in to a Vodafone store with my iPhone and iwatch. 

Another agent told me that it will be working in 48hours but that was also a lie 

another agent told me he reset my account I should get a text in half hour saying my iwatch is all set up ready to go but I still ent recvied a text 

vodafone are taking the ##~## 

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@NG2_JAY I'm sorry to hear your cellular feature for mobile data on the Apple Watch isn't working, we'd love to get this fixed for you. As we'll need to look into this on account level, I've sent you a Private Message with instructions on how to get in touch securely. Please follow the steps included and we'll work hard to get you connected. 

I'm having exactly the same issue. The data plan won't work with my Apple Watch series 4 and i've rung on a least 4 occasions and chatted online for at least the same numbe of times and been told different things and to wait it should activate in 3-24hours thenit was 24-48 and then 24-72 hours and over 2 weeks later nothing. I've been promised calls back and nothing. Possible the worst cumstomer experience i've ever had

This seems to be a repeating theme on these forums. I also can't get the data plan to work with my Apple Watch series 4 and i've rung on a least 4 occasions and chatted online for at least the same number of times and been told different things and to wait it should activate in 3-24 hours then it was 24-48 and then 24-72 hours and over 2 weeks later nothing. I've been promised calls back and nothing. Possible the worst cumstomer experience i've ever had

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

@sbarts it's disappointing to hear the cellular feature on your Apple Watch isn't working correctly and I understand how frustrating this must be.

I'll need to access your account to look into this for you, so I can do this securely; I've sent you a private message with instructions on how to get in touch directly. 

I’m also struggling to get mobile data working. 

I ordered the watch from VF, and I have an iPhone XS with an existing plan.

Initially I was getting error 2005, then after numerous calls to 191, resetting the network on the iPhone, un-pairing, re-pairing etc, etc I received an email from Vodafone saying ‘We’re working on your SIM swap request’ which was a surprise.

After the email I tried it again, and now I can logon with my VF username and password, but now I’m getting the ‘you have reached the Max limit for secondary subscription’.

Ive passed this back to my Customer Services lady who keeps ringing every 48 hours to ask if it’s working yet. She says it’s been escalated, and keeps raising complaints on my behalf.

im probably going to give it a few more days then I’ll cancel the contract. Not sure if it’ll ever work as so many others have had similar experiences. 

I’ve been with VF for more than 25 years, have spent a fortune on contracts and the latest phones and tablets, but VF’s inability to solve this issue is making me think it’s time to vote with my feet and leave!

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear you're having difficulty connecting your watch @Spindoe. We'd hate to see you cancel your account with us over this 😢 I'm sure we can get this sorted and there will be no need for this course of action. As we'll need access to your account to investigate the cause of your problem, get in touch through the private message I've sent you and we'll be happy to help.

My watch is not taking the data plan and my wife’s was working and now isn’t so that is now 2 iwatch 4’s not connecting and they are bothering the cellular models. Please could we have some help as I have phoned numerous times and also been into the shop to no avail if it working and as far as I know we are both paying for this facility and not managing to use it. Thank you