Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Android phone can't reconnect to wifi

VictorInox
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I have an issue which I can't find a solution with, I have a Wifi Hub that seems to work perfectly, My wife has no problem connecting to the Wifi with her Iphone and MacBook, all good with my iPad and Windows 10 laptop.
However, the device I need the most (there's no reception in the house) is my android smartphone.

For some reason it connects once or twice a day,  it drops off the network shortly after and then it's impossible for me to connect again.

Any help would be welcome.
Thanks,

Kevin

11 REPLIES 11

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @VictorInox 

I would recommend going into your connection settings, click WiFi, select your home network, and forget the network.  You will then be able to set this up again using the WPS key on the side of your router or using the router password.

Also see here: Android Authority 

Thanks for your quick answer!

I tried that already, a few times, re-entered the password, but it doesn't fix the issue, after 10 minutes or so my phone drops off the wifi network and can't reconnect.

Thanks again, I'll have a look.

My phone is a Land Rover Explore, it didn't come with Vodafone, I'll have a look at the manufacturers website forum too.

What I find strange (and the reason I'm here in the first place) is that sometimes it has not issue logging in to the network (with the saved wifi password) so I know the password is right too. And my phone always sees the network too. That's what lead me to think that the issue was with the network, like, it's letting me in once and then blocks me for some reason...and I was hoping there'd be a trick for devices that get temporarily blacklisted by the router or something like that.

Anyway, I'll check the phone and the manufacturers website.
Thanks for your help anyway.

Cheers

AnnS

Yes @VictorInox 

Unfortunately, this won't be a Vodafone issue, it's more than likely due to a faulty WiFi key on the phone which need to be looked at or replaced by the manufacturer.  You could also have a word with your internet provider but unlikely they will be able to help.

I understand,

Thank you for your help.

Kevin

hrym

I've had similar issues with a Motorola G8+ and a PlusNet (rebadged BT) router.   This eventually resolved itself after several updates to the Carrier Services app.   However, I was also able to get it to be a bit more stable by separating the 5GHz and 2.5GHz channels on the router so that it wasn't constantly switching between them.

Thanks for you advise, I'll try separating both networks tonight.

Not sure how to update the carrier service app though. (English isn't my primary language)
Could you be a little more specific?

Thanks a lot

hrym

As long as you keep your apps updated via Google Play, it'll happen automatically.   It's one of the system apps, so you won't normally see it.

Great, makes sense.

Cheers!