Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mi 9 Miui 11 upgrade Sim problem

Rednose66
4: Newbie

Hi. After waiting for a Miui upgrade for over a year Vodafone has rolled one out today. I've done the upgrade and I am unable to enable my SIM card and hence unable to make calls. Any ideas? TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone, thanks so much for flagging and rest assured this is something we've been working on with the manufacturer to get you all connected to what you love again. 

To keep you all updated, Xiaomi have advised that a patch is going through final testing through their side and we're looking to verify this from our side today.

All going well, this patch should be with you over the next few days, by next week at the very latest.

Please don't try any troubleshooting steps such as a factory reset or arranging a repair of the phone as once the software is out, this will resolve things for you.

Once we have confirmation that the fix is working and when it can be released, we'll let you know ASAP here. 

View solution in original position

457 REPLIES 457

Guys, your phone might be like mine was... There was some sort of bug and I wasn't able to download the update. I've put up there a way to fix it.. at least if youre stuck in version 11.0.1.0. I am running verison 11.0.4.0 and everything is working fine. You just need to reset phone basically for some reason.

The new fix due today is 11.0.5.0 and we are still waiting for it. 11.0.4.0 doesn't work for everyone, me included.

I'm sorry you've faced those issues, I'm facing similar challeneges with the farcical support for this issue.

Meanwhile the thread is still marked as solved; I wonder for how many people this has actually be resolved?

I've done the current fix which didn't work I then done factory reset using the current fix with sim out and I put in the APN details manually and so far it's worked voicemail was in Spanish also Bluetooth gadgets weren't recognised I've seen some people saying NFC was not working but I yet to try this I've also contacted the CEO regarding some sort of compensation and the fact of not having a functional phone for a week I feel this has been badly handled by both Vodafone and Xiaomi. 

I have the latest update, and did the factory reset and phone is working now, but it won't go 30 seconds without Google assistant taking over the screen. I have managed to turn off Google assistant and now in its place I keep getting notifications to turn on Google assistant. Can't run any app maps games etc. Without it being constantly interrupted. Has anyone else encountered this or have a remedy to prevent this or is it a case of returning the phone to Vodafone to sort out?

Try resetting APN. That worked for me. 

Sorry, any idea how? I can't find a way to do that as it is greyed out. I thought there was another solution mentioned on this thread for doing it but I can't find it.

Thanks

11.0.4 has just finally come through for me too.

I'm unclear from the post above from Natasha if I should go for this or if there is another release coming tonight?

Great to hear... Is there any update yet? I have no alternative phone, in lockdown on my own. This really upsetting. 

Also Bluetooth stopped working at the same moment. Just had been in contact with Vodafone via their help system, and the guy had no idea whatsoever!!!

Please Natasha, keep us updated!

I've added a tag to the solution of "not-solved" to help clarify that there is no resolution.