Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Pixel 3xl drops calls after half hour

Jengoddard
2: Seeker

My pixel 3xl drops every call (made or received) after exactly 29 minutes and 50 seconds. I don't know if this is related to phone settings, network or what so wondered if anyone had had similar issues or knew of a fix. It's a real pain in the backside as currently working from home and means I get cut off in every conference call!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

OLIVERSWWARD

Hi all, I have a Pixel 3 on Vodafone and have the same issue. I followed some advice to disable WiFi calling on my account (webpage) and on the settings on the phone. After a reboot I am now able to call > 30 mins! Hope that helps!

View solution in original position

474 REPLIES 474

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi all, thanks for your ongoing patience with us and I'm sorry for the amount of time this has taken.

We've been investigating this and working on a fix - I've had an update on this today. We can now confirm we've reported a highly reduced amount of issues with calls dropping after the 29 minute 50 seconds mark as of yesterday. 

I've been advised that so long as those using Sony devices with us have the latest firmware installed, they shouldn't experience this with their calls. If the phone was purchased elsewhere, there's a chance the call made could still drop.

For anyone still experiencing issues on the latest software, please drop us a message on Social Media so we can take the following details from you securely:

- Your name and mobile number

- Model of your phone

- The software version/build number in use

- Where the phone was purchased from

- The link to your post/the thread (you then won't need to repeat your query)

I can then forward this to the team who have been working on this for us and update you from there.

@Tash

I have a Sony Xperia 10. Tried calling my home phone number today, and it still cuts off.

When you say firmware, do you mean Android OS software? Where do I check and install latest firmware from?

Neil

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks for updating me here @neilhunter14 @Skodaboy66 @Stevenjfaulkner. I'm sorry to see this is still happening for you and I'm keen to make sure this is resolved for you all ASAP.

@neilhunter14 You can find if your phone has the latest software installed when sliding your two fingers downwards from the top of your screen > tap the Settings icon > hit System > tap Advanced > Press Software update. If a new version is available, this will be displayed and you can follow the instructions on screen to update.

We also have a guide which breaks this down on our dedicated device guide for Sony Xperia 10. If you find you're on the latest software available, please drop me a message with the details requested above and I can escalate this further.

@Skodaboy66 Thanks for making me aware and please do let me know if you have any queries with how to message us on social media! You can find either channel available to reach us in our Contact us for account specific queries page. We also have a page explaining how to message on Twitter/Facebook from your Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact that may help too!

Please ensure you include the details listed above along with your Community username and link to your post. This means you won't need to write out the issues you're having again and it means I can find your message to forward on your details to the dedicated team 👍 

We do also assist with complaints via social media and I'll be taking ownership of your query 🙂

@Stevenjfaulkner I understand you'll be changing your phone and I want to ensure this is resolved for you in the meantime (and should it occur on your new phone too). Please drop me a message through Facebook or Twitter with the requested details if you haven't already.

I'm keen to get this sorted for you and any of our other affected customers. I'll also be able to help with any queries you have regarding our Roaming services from there too.

@Tash  OK, so you mean the OS. I can confirm I have the latest available. I'm running Android 10 build 53.1.A.3.105

Regards,

Neil

Hi Tash. I've tried using the Facebook link to contact you, and it just takes me to a facebook messenger page, with nothing about Vodafone. I don't use twitter, but do have a Facebook account  I don't use Facebook messenger, though. Can you provide an email address, or another way to contact you, and I can supply the details you've requested? My phone is on the latest software. Build: 47.2.A.11.228. Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact. Please advise, as I cannot provide my name and phone number on a public forum. (As for live chat, they have no idea. They've even told me this is not an official Vodafone forum! I've wasted a good 10 hours on there already). Thanks for replying, though. Hopefully this can be sorted out.

@Skodaboy66  Open Facebook Messenger, and in the Search box, look for Vodafone UK. Select it. You'll get a couple of automated greetings, and if you look at the bottom, a selection to choose from of what the message is about -> scroll to the right hand side where you'll see "Asked to DM". Enter a brief message, Name, Mobile number, and copy a link from this thread to the message too, so it can all be referenced. I also added @Tash as well. 

Regards,

Neil.

Hi Neil. Thanks so much for your help with this. I'm hopeless with tech! I have used your instructions to send a message of FB messenger, with the details Tash wanted. I mentioned the 4g 29:50 issue, and put my forum username on there, and a link, too. Let's hope they can finally sort this out for us. Thanks again. Kind regards, Dave. 

Hi Tash. Neil (@neilhunter14) very kindly told me how to message you via FB messenger, which I've now done. I've included all the details you requested, and I've also put in my username, and said the message was for @Tash. Thanks for helping with this. After well over a year of frustration, I feel like this might actually get resolved now. Fingers crossed! Kind regards, Dave.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone, 

I wanted to give a quick update and a big thank you to those that have reached out to me on Twitter and Facebook with the requested details 😊 

I'd also like to reassure @Stevenjfaulkner @Skodaboy66 @neilhunter14 that I've received your details from my colleagues and these were passed to our dedicated team by myself between 19 June - 21 June.

I'm continuing to chase for updates on their investigations and I'll let you all know once I have any updates 👍Leave it with me and we'll get to the bottom of this.

Thanks again for your cooperation and patience during this time!

Hi Tash. Thanks. The response I had on messenger sounded more like an 'if' as opposed to a 'when', regarding this issue, but fingers crossed they will finally be able to sort it out this time. I'll check back here for updates. Kind regards, Dave.