Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Problem with Unlocking Phone

Mags264
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Help needed. Very long story but my husband is with Vodafone.  He upgraded in March and gave his S7 to me. Unlock code put in not worked. Vodafone saying new network fault. My network saying vodafone. After 2 months I went down the pay as you go route. 30 days now passed requested unlock code. Received it still not worked. I get the message SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK. Can anyone help?

Thanks

46 REPLIES 46

Ive put in a Watchdog investigation request from BBC...maybe you and others can do the same...that way the BBC might do something to get this sorted! 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/send/u23123288?ptrt=https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74

That's a good idea. I will get on to it today.

How long have you been waiting now? What is your handset?

It will be 2 weeks tomorrow, so not as long. But reading the horror story pf others, hence not holding much hope esp with the service ive been receiving so far being rubbish.

Galaxy A5 (2017)

I agree TJ. But I'm getting nowhere.

Currently have a complaint customer number and someone in customer relations who is failing to help.

I have also tried via Facebook and also written my first official letter to Head Office stating you have breached the contract.

I have been emailed the same Unlock code four times. And never this elusive Mastercode.

It maybe worth raising a complaint through here: https://www.resolver.co.uk/ like I've just done.

Finally received a "Master Code" today after nearly 6 weeks of trying. Luckily I managed to get my device unlocked for £10 and through the complaints process got this refunded as well as the cost of not being able to use my new sim provider although I was paying for a new contract, and also the cost of staying with Vodafone for an extra month. Unfortunately I won't know if that "Master Code" will actually work as I don't want to risk anything now that I've paid to have it unlocked privately. So the elusice "Master Code" does exist, can Vodafone staff actually be trained to recognise those words and stop denying it doesn't exist!

I've also had exactly the same problem having requested a NUC for a Vodafone Samsung in mid September to put in a USA SIM card for the end of October to use while on holiday.  The phone requests a PUK rather than a NUC and in that 6 weeks, I have spent hours on the phone with Vodafone Technical Services trying to resolve it and have had multiple emails telling me that they are on the case with the Resolution Centre.  

About 5 days before I was due to leave I phoned again saying it was getting urgent, I was told that I would have an answer within 24-48 hours, 3 days passed and nothing heard, so I phoned again and received the same answer, it will be 24-48 hours.  I went to the USA carrying this deadweight phone hoping for an answer which arrived 2 weeks later, the same day I returned from the USA.  This triumphant declaration came up with the same NUC that I had received back in September and which I walked through with the Technical Services multiple times. 

This whole process has been a complete shambles from start to finish.  I needed an unlocked phone to use for administrative purposes and in case of emergency while I was touring the USA.  I'd relied on Vodafone to come up with a solution and was let down badly.  Fortunately, a friend in the USA gave me his old mobile and T-Mobile in the USA sorted the porting of my temporary SIM card and NUC for his phone in less than 2 minutes.  What a contrast.