Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Problem with Vodafone Wallet

theoldsilverfox
3: Seeker

I have set up smartpass and wallet on my s4 (not rooted) all was ok untill I had a sim change (the new nfc one), now smartpass will not load and wallet opens with a message saying "Unable to open wallet. you recently swapped your sim card. your new sim may take 15 mins to register. please try again later. error C1075.  That was 6 days ago. since then I have uninstalled the apps reinstalled them, and then out of frustration a factory reset on the phone. nothing works, so i am not going to spend money on that card till its sorted.

I have made 3 calls to customer services, no one in India knows what "Wallet" is. The first one put me through to smartpass who said that its nothing to do with them and i should speak to customer services, so I phoned again and told the person not to put me through to smatpass as its the Vodaphone Wallet department i need, she put me through to smartpass............aghhhaaah. the 3rd call (now been on the phone for 55mins) told me that he would find the answer to my problem, 10mins later he gave me a telephone number for the people to sort out the problem with the app, when I phoned the number, it was Transport for London. Vodaphone are known for there poor IT but there must be someone that knows how to sort this, but i have no idea how to contact them. HELP PLEASE!!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

theoldsilverfox
Thanks for your thoughts, I have already tried replacing the Sim, I have another contract and the same message keeps appearing with that one as well.
As I explained no one at 191 knows anything about wallet or who to connect you to to get an app problem sorted. It's not on there script and when they put me on hold to speak to there supervisor they come back and connect me with smartpass, and they do not know anything about wallet and tell me to phone 191. And so the endless loop continues.
My advice to any one thinking of getting involved with this service is don't. Wait until PayPal do it, I'm sure they will get it right from the start, and not make you have a sticker on the back of your phone with a different account from the one you already have.

View solution in original position

121 REPLIES 121

Well another week has passed and although Ellis has put me in touch with the tech people at smartpass this has so far been of little help, they have asked a lot of questions but I still have had no contact with anybody from Wallet. It has been suggested that I might have a faulty Sim card, well the post from heppie89 i think blows that one away. also the fact that my phone is supplied by vodafone but has no branding could be a problem because it's not nfc compliant, well that's rubbish because I swapped phones with my wife for a day and had the same problem with that one as well. Wallet was working and then stopped after the sim change. I believe this problem has nothing to do with my phone, account, or anything else to do with me, it's is a case of faulty code in the wallet app that stops it working with a NFC sim, or possibly any sim change, and until they find it and do an update on the app nothing will change.

However, thanks to an idea from my local vodafone store, I have found the perfect answer to this problem, I walked across the road to my bank and ordered a NFC sticker card that is linked to my debit card and sticks to the back of my phone and it works with my Barclay's app. I'm told a lot of banks do this, and if it's good enough for the Vodafone staff it's good enough for me. :smileywink:

hrym
17: Community Champion

@heppie89 wrote:

Having the same issue with wallet after getting my NFC sim activated. Any solutions to this?

Does your phone meet the eligibility requirements mentioned in the first paragraph of my post above yours?  If not, it won't work and you'll need to use the tag.

Ellis_VF
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi @theoldsilverfox 

Sorry to read that you are experiencing an issue with Vodafone Mobile Wallet. First of all I would advise you to try the solution @hrym   has advised of. If this does not resolve the issue then I have sent you a private message (which can be found here) which asks for some more details. Once we have these we can look into this issue further for you.

heppie89
4: Newbie
Yep it's a HTC one M8 supplied directly from vodafone and I'm on the new billing system.

hrym

@heppie89 wrote:
Yep it's a HTC one M8 supplied directly from vodafone and I'm on the new billing system.

As a matter of interest, does it display a Vodafone splash screen when you start it?   I'm not sure whether all phones with Vodafone versions of the OS do that, but all the ones I've had have.

heppie89
4: Newbie
It does indeed

hrym

That should tick the software compatibility box.   If you're also on the new billing system, that's another tick.   All we need to do now is check the handset compatibility.   There used to be a list, but it seems to have gone awol.

Edited to add: the list is hiding here.   The site search box doesn't throw it up, so I'm not sure how you're supposed to find it.  The HTC doesn't currently appear on the list :smileysad:

Strange, I'm pretty sure it was on that list when wallet first came out

hrolive
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have just tried to open Vodafone Wallet, a notification appeared to tell me to update it in order to fix the bugs. I tried six times to update and all it does it keep taking me back to the home page where it tells me I need to update, it also says that the update is not available in this country or with Vodafone. I give up! Roll on the end of my contract.

hrym

The update should come through Google Play, so you could go in there and see if it offers one.   I think the simplest solution, though,might be to uninstall it and start again.   You'd then get the current version.  It almost sounds as though you have a non-UK version of the app (assuming there is one).   A reinstallation would take care of that, or corruption if that's the problem.