Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Problem with Vodafone Wallet

theoldsilverfox
3: Seeker

I have set up smartpass and wallet on my s4 (not rooted) all was ok untill I had a sim change (the new nfc one), now smartpass will not load and wallet opens with a message saying "Unable to open wallet. you recently swapped your sim card. your new sim may take 15 mins to register. please try again later. error C1075.  That was 6 days ago. since then I have uninstalled the apps reinstalled them, and then out of frustration a factory reset on the phone. nothing works, so i am not going to spend money on that card till its sorted.

I have made 3 calls to customer services, no one in India knows what "Wallet" is. The first one put me through to smartpass who said that its nothing to do with them and i should speak to customer services, so I phoned again and told the person not to put me through to smatpass as its the Vodaphone Wallet department i need, she put me through to smartpass............aghhhaaah. the 3rd call (now been on the phone for 55mins) told me that he would find the answer to my problem, 10mins later he gave me a telephone number for the people to sort out the problem with the app, when I phoned the number, it was Transport for London. Vodaphone are known for there poor IT but there must be someone that knows how to sort this, but i have no idea how to contact them. HELP PLEASE!!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

theoldsilverfox
Thanks for your thoughts, I have already tried replacing the Sim, I have another contract and the same message keeps appearing with that one as well.
As I explained no one at 191 knows anything about wallet or who to connect you to to get an app problem sorted. It's not on there script and when they put me on hold to speak to there supervisor they come back and connect me with smartpass, and they do not know anything about wallet and tell me to phone 191. And so the endless loop continues.
My advice to any one thinking of getting involved with this service is don't. Wait until PayPal do it, I'm sure they will get it right from the start, and not make you have a sticker on the back of your phone with a different account from the one you already have.

View solution in original position

121 REPLIES 121

lonebod
4: Newbie
Good for you.... But missing the point.

hrym
17: Community Champion

What was on the back of the carrier card of the latest SIM (top left corner)?   Did it say "NFC Legacy" or was it blank.   You need the former if you're on the old billing system, the latter if you're on the new.  Assuming you meet all the other criteria, that seems the most likely cause of the problem.  It's disingenuous of Vodafone staff to say their own apps are rubbish just because they can't solve an issue with them, frankly.

I have Wallet running NFC on an unbranded HTC One M9 - and the transfer process worked seamlessly.  Some unbranded devices are compatible, though I don't think there's an official list and you just have to give it a try.

alex_manc
I'm on the new billing system Vodafone said I'm on a NFC Sim, what do I need to run it then.

hrym

@alex_manc If you have a white SIM (as you said above), that sounds like a Legacy one, designed to work with the old billing system.  Do you still have the carrier card, which would confirm that.   If you're on the new billing system, go back to the shop and ask them for the correct SIM.  The back of the card should be blank.

@lonebod.It sounds as though everything is in place, though that's always difficult to check without being able to see it all.   If you have a compatible device (make and model, plus running Vodafone firmware if necessary) and the right SIM, it should work.   Has the Wallet app switched itself to NFC rather than tag payment and have you turned on the right bits in the app settings? (I had to do that after I'd successfully switched).   And you have NFC turned on on the device itself, I assume (sorry, obvious question I know)?

If Wallet thinks it should be working, check your Smartpass settings.  If they're all OK, call Smartpass help and make sure your account there isn't blocked for some reason.   That happened to me once.  They won't be able to help with Wallet issues, so just stick to your Smartpass account.

lonebod
The sim I have is one of the new non-legacy sims, and I'm on the new billing system.

lonebod
How do you switch the app to NFC payment?

63johnw

@lonebod wrote:
How do you switch the app to NFC payment?

Hi, this is what I get in wallet. The green toggle and the green signal indicator thing at the top.

Screenshot_2015-10-13-20-04-32.png

Don't know if this helps?

alex_manc
Yes I'm on the new billing system and my sim is white with the NFC symbol on the top left corner.

lonebod
If you read the post from the beginning you'll see o can't even get Vodafone wallet to launch, and therefore use smart pass to get to that setting.

63johnw

@lonebod wrote:
If you read the post from the beginning you'll see o can't even get Vodafone wallet to launch, and therefore use smart pass to get to that setting.

Sorry was just trying to help.

Good luck with your problem.