Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

S5 problems

12bazza
4: Newbie

Hi,not sure if anyone can help but here goes. Me and my wife have just got s5 phones which we are very happy with or we were. I play games on pc and last night i kept on getting kicked for ping being to high,so after a long call to sky broadband to try and sort this out he suggested turning off any wifi gadgets which we did and it turns out that my wifes phone is sucking wifi like it going out of fashion but mine is not. Checked her running apps and she is running no more than me so totally confused why this is happening!!

But mine has different issue as was connecting to mercedes bluetooth when i first got it 2 days ago but now it will not. Rung vodafone who put me through to samsung tech who told me to do factory reset but this never solved problem either. Did have this problem with my s3 but this was resolved when they did update but cant understand why it was connecting and isnt now. Any help would be appreciated

Barry

23 REPLIES 23

12bazza
4: Newbie
Tested out of box and it was fine. Had phone for about 2 weeks no problem. Only happened after update but did update all apps at same time out of my control. Will do factory reset later. Shame but I hate this phone but love it at same time.

Northern-dj
16: Advanced member

after you do a reset when it gets to the Google log in in tick back up boxes and restore

then it will not put any apps back on

So did reset and like you said let google put all apps back on for me. When all done and finished guess what...........yep still bad readings. So did it again but this time i put all apps on manually and tested after each one and all good. Scratching my head could not figure it out. Installed facebook and a calendar called Biz calendar but couldnt get them to sync so thought i had to use google+ but as soon as i did this readings went up again so disabled google+ and down they go.Hopefully this is the problem but does it sond feesable that this is/was the problem??!! Now all i got to do is get facebook to sync with my calendar

Barry

Northern-dj

Google+ sounds like its piccassa which is a picture sync

open your Google account up and untick all bar contacts and calender then try Google again

This is pointing to a sync issue that can drag things down