Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sky MER and SS

johndoe1
7: Helper
7: Helper

Recently took out an iPhone SIM only tariff with VF and at the same time ordered a SS box as I knew there was no VF 3G at home (only get Edge)

I should have read these forums before ordering really as my ISP is Sky and my D-LINK Sky router was changed over to MER the other week, which apparently wont work with the SS box?

Are VF working on this issue, considering Sky are in the process of changing over all their Broadband users from PPPoA to MER?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi guys,

I've just had word back from our Sure Signal engineers that the new Sky IP ranges mentioned on the last page have now been added to our firewall whitelist.

Can anyone on Sky who was in that IP range please let me know if your Sure Signal is now working. You'll be able to check your IP address here. Please note that you may just need to reset your Sure Signal beforehand.

George

eForum Team

View solution in original position

597 REPLIES 597

just got vss and no good at all can someone confirm what i have to do??

Hi jimmyman74

Could you give me some more details, when you mean not good at all?

Have you registered the Sure Signal and left it for 24 hours?

Have you had a look at our troubleshooting thread? What light sequence do you have?

Thanks

BenJ
eForum Team 

Hi, I received the new SureSignal box 3 weeks ago and have had no joy in establishing a connection. The power light is steady but both the system and phone light flash together brightly and then just the system light flashes brightly continuously. I have tried rebooting and resetting the SureSignal box to factory settings.

I am using a Sagemcom router and using Sky Broadband with a MER Network type. The external ip begins 2.125.1.xxx

Has this address range been added? 

thanks

my sky ip is 90.212.177.96 can you please check my vss is able to work as i  can only get the one light working since moving to sky.

Retired-BenJ
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi quintm,

Welcome to the eForum!

2.125.1 I’ve not seen this range before. I'll send an email now to get this confirmed for you.

Thanks

Hi digitaldazz,

If you have just changed providers, I may need to resync your Sure Signal box for you. The IP address you have given me is white listed. 

Thanks

BenJ
eForum Team 

Hi there

any response to my 2.125.1 ip range being added?

thanks

martin

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi there quintm,

Ben and I have had confirmation that the 2.125x IP range is already included in the whitelist.

Could you provide me with your Sure Signal serial number please?

Kindest regards,

Lee

eForum Team

So Sky have extended their range of IP addresses because they are successfully expanding in their market.

Vodafone have no procedures in place to handle broadband providers extending their IP ranges.

Vodafone only investigate if enough technically minded people who understand how to reconfigure a router and can find this thread make the effort to complain.

Vodafone make no effort to explain this to their customers.

Vodafone make no effort to explain this to their first line telephone support staff.

Vodafone's only response is to ask people to publish their router IP address on a public forum, breaching security best practice.

People say this is Sky's fault.

I moved to Vodafone taking out two contracts for two phones because the Sure Signal box would allow Vodafone to operate in a region where all other mobile phone operators work already. Since changing to Sky for my broadband I am now unable to use both phones at home because my SS box no longer works. Does this mean I am entitled to a refund on my phones, credit on my bill and to be released from my now defunct contracts? Or should I phone Sky to discuss this?

BTW. thanks everyone for publishing your IP addresses lol!

I had a letter from Sky to say that my broadband was switching to a new nextwork as of the 15th of June(yesterday) and as of yesterday our sure signal has not been working. Our network type is currently MER and our IP address is 2.219.152.40

Any Ideas on what I should do as my wife runs her business from home and we don't have any Vodafone signal at home

Thanks

Wayne

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi there wmadders,

Cheers for your post.

Could you provide me with the following information please?

Your external IP address

Sure Signal serial number

The exact symptoms on your Sure Signal

Regards,

Lee

eForum Team