Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sky MER and SS

johndoe1
7: Helper
7: Helper

Recently took out an iPhone SIM only tariff with VF and at the same time ordered a SS box as I knew there was no VF 3G at home (only get Edge)

I should have read these forums before ordering really as my ISP is Sky and my D-LINK Sky router was changed over to MER the other week, which apparently wont work with the SS box?

Are VF working on this issue, considering Sky are in the process of changing over all their Broadband users from PPPoA to MER?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi guys,

I've just had word back from our Sure Signal engineers that the new Sky IP ranges mentioned on the last page have now been added to our firewall whitelist.

Can anyone on Sky who was in that IP range please let me know if your Sure Signal is now working. You'll be able to check your IP address here. Please note that you may just need to reset your Sure Signal beforehand.

George

eForum Team

View solution in original position

597 REPLIES 597

BenJ wrote:

Hi Bod

Thanks for letting me know, I will feed this back, Can you confirm your external IP address as I suspect its 2.219 however I have a different IP against your name on my list.

Thanks
BenJ
eForum Team 

Hi BenJ

My external IP address is 2.219.xx.xxx

Thanks

Hi Guys,

My VSS is still not working. I reset it twice yesterday. Is anything being done about trying to configure the VSS with MER. I did put down my external ip address as a .192 number but it looks like it could be 2.219.152.40... I was wondering if that would have any influence on the reset.

This is really becoming irritating not being able to use our phones at home.

Please advise on the next possible course of action

Thanks

wmadders

Forget my post from late last week.  I tried it again Friday morning - and hey presto! it worked!!!

Hi guys

Please reset my VSS again

IP address 2.219.152.40

VSS serial number:21222177681

Thanks

wmadders

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi there gazza33 and wmadders,

Thanks for your posts. Would you be able to follow the advice from romper20?

I don't think another reset is going to help in light of the information that has been shared regarding reformatting your routers to an earlier version of firmware.

The information romper20 has given to us has been fed back. Ben and I are awaiting further information regarding the IP ranges affected.

Cheers,

Lee

eForum Team

Hi Lee,

Thanks for the update of the continuing IP range whitelisting requirements.

I would prefer not to go to the lengths that romper20 has discovered and gone to, thank you.

So will wait until the 2.219 and my own 2.223 IP ranges are whitelisted and our Sure Signals should hopefully work again.

Please do keep us posted on the whitelisting progress.

Regards Garry

Hi Lee i have a sure signal box but unable to conncet to my sky broadband router my IP Address 176.27.25.251 and my sure signal serial number is 40120929621

Hi vodafone, please find following current response from my Sky escalation and hope that this helps.

Hi, 

I have raised your issue internally to the relevant team to look into, but having tried a few tests myself it seems that the root of the issue is that Vodafone are still blocking some 2. IP ranges at there firewall hardware.

Your Pathping findings actually look normal and I don't think are related to the problem, the Ip's you have set in Bold are some of our core routers which are set not to respond to ping requests, if you do the same thing for a different website like the BBC you should see similar results, allthough they dont respond to pings they still allow traffic past and you can tell that as your tracert continues after those hops further out into the internet.  Our team will look into it and see if there is anything we can do to help, but my feeling on this one is that the issues lies in the hands of Vodaphone to resolve at their end. 

Regards 

Sky Broadband & Voice Network Team

Hi,

My IP Address is: 2.126.252.99

SS Box Serial - 40111033920

please can you reset my SS Box ?

Thanks

2.126.252.99 2.126.252.99 2.126.252.99

Hey Softy1980,

Thanks for your time on the phone just now.

I've forced that resync for you. If you could try the factory reset for me and in the meantime I'll fire off that email to see about the IP range.

Kindest regards,

Lee

eForum Team