2: Seeker
2: Seeker

How to transfer photos to sd card

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Ctrop

Please see if you can get to a different store. You can find a list on our store locater

Please also make sure you've followed the steps on our device help pages.  

View solution in original position

18 REPLIES 18

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
Hi

Is their any form of pop up saying 'move to sd card' if you touch and hold on the photo ?

A similar thread https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Other-manufacturers-OS/Saving-on-micro-SD-memory-card-Smart-4-Power/...

Some info also in https://www.vodafone.com/content/dam/group/devices/downloads/smart4turbo/Vodafone_Smart_4_turbo_UM_E... on how to move apps (if they have permissions to be moved ) to the sd card.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi,
There is no pop up. What I have done is select settings, apps, photos. Then I have a screen which says force stop uninstall move to phone clear data but I do not have photos saved.

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Ctrop

You can use the Gallery app or My Files app to move the pictures to your SD card. 

In both cases you need to go to where the pictures are, select them and choose the 'move' option. You can then navigate to where you want to put them and choose the 'paste' option.

You can also connect your phone to a PC via USB and drag and drop them from the folder that they're currently in, over to your SD card.

You can find further information about your phone on our device help page. 

I tried that but it did not work.

hrym
It should also be possible to set the SD card as the default storage location in the camera app settings. I'm not clear whether you've done this already and are merely dealing with earlier files. In this case, File Manager is indeed your friend. There should be a Move option, but for safety's sake, I'd copy and then go back and delete the originals, even though it's another set of operations.

You can also set photos to sync to Dropbox or Google Drive and that then to sync to a PC, for added security.

I can't find file manager. Ca you please tell me where to look . As I say this is my first smart phone so I am struggling.

hrym

File Manager should be in the app drawer.  Tap the square of dots in the middle of the row of icons at the bottom of any homescreen.   Look for an icon like a folder (as far as I remember).  If you want to pin the app to a homescreen, tap and hold it, then drag it to where you want it when the homescreens appear.

As this is your first phone, the learning curve will be quite steep - you can read a personal experience here.  It might be an idea to drop into a Vodafone shop and ask them to give you a quick tour of what you can do.   There are also videos on Vodafone YouTube channel and it's also worth downloading the full manual for your device.

The only thing I can see is called ES File explorer. Is this what I am looking for. I have read your bit about personal experience. I shall be looking at You Tube to try and learn more. If you feel you can lead me to success I would be deeply indebted to you as this is driving me crazy.

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@Ctrop wrote:
The only thing I can see is called ES File explorer. Is this what I am looking for. 

Yes, you can use ES File Explorer to move the photos across - I have used it before and it is a pretty good app.

PWIAC