Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal version 1

Dron1984
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi I have been having problems with my Vodafone sure signal.

I received a new handset the other day and as I am the sure signal admin I had to deregister and re-register the sure signal to get it to work with my new phone.
Since then nothing would work. The following would happen:

Lights blink once top to bottom
Power light goes steady
Internet light blinks then goes steady
Bottom light with tick blinks then all lights go off and process repeats. It does this a few times then only shows power light.

I called Vodafone but had nightmare due to lack of signal. Next I took it to my parents to see if it would work on their internet but nothing.
Just got home and thought I would try one last time and something different happened.
Lights flashed in different ways for a while and now power and Internet lights are both on static.
Is this a good sign?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

cineriv
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi Dron1984,

I'm fairly sure that you have a faulty power supply which is quite common at the moment for the V1 Sure Signal and does create the classic symptom that you describe.

This problem is well described in the first post of this thread ... http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/SureSignal-1-flashing-but-not-working-possible-f...

Replacement power supplies are readily available from Amazon or Ebay and cost around £10 delivered. Just search for 'sure signal power supply'.

Good luck.

Mike.

View solution in original position

18 REPLIES 18

Good Evening Vodafone, Despite the previous posts in this thread regarding the possibility, or not, of the SSv1 connecting in the proximity of a SSv3 ----- my SSv1 connected on 3rd July 2015 and has remained so. ever since; as has the SSv3. The saga continues:- To-day 3 August 2015 at about 14.00 hr.s our internet signal failed. It was restored ay about 21.15hr. Within 15 minutes the SSv1 had connected and the SSv3 has not yet connected at 22.00hr. Gues which seems the better bet??? I now refer to my post no. 8 dated 4th June 21.15hr ( above ) wherein I stated that I was unable to register my wife's number as a 'user'. The V'fone response "Sorry - there seems to be a problem....." is still prresent when I tried to register my wife's number 20 mins. ago. Just how "...hard..." are you "...working to fix the issue..." Five weeks ( or 815 hours ) is an awful long time to " fix " a communications problem. We, my wife and I, are NOT HAPPY BUNNIES. You have my account number (deleted by moderator) and my 'phone number. Just "fix the problem" dmlox a.k.a. 'dissatisfied of North Yorkshire'

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@dmlox

We're experiencing some issues at the moment which will affect you being able to register your Sure Signal. Please see our statement for further information. 

Although you've been able to connect to both Sure Signals previously, we can't guarantee that they'll both work using one router. 

Once the issues regarding registering have been resolved, I'd recommend either only using one Sure Signal, or getting a second router.

Hello V'fone Techs, I will not go through the whole story yet again. It is succinctly described in messages:- 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12 above. You have made no progress in resolving the "Sorry - there seems to be a prblem..." problem. After almost two years, in my experience with Vodafone, this has not been solved Vodafone's image of a competant provider is tarnished. Our SS.v1 and SS.v3 get along very well and both are working BUT I cannot add users to my SS.v! account SS. v1 Ser. No. 21223483328 Just 'sort-it' for this as you did for the SS.v3 in October 2013. Thank You. DLox.

Enter text here

I refer to my last post 13/13 (47 views) above.

I assume that V'fone has no interest in rectifying the "Sorry - there seems to be a problem...." (a.k.a 'push off and quit bothering us')

I first met this rejection in October 2013.

It has been sitting on this, current, SureSignal V1. since 3 June 2015.

For more than two years V'fone's technical teams have been 'working hard' to resolve it.

Is this one reason why our Government is bringing in more immigrants "...because they work hard and hve the skills.."(plagerised quote from some Minister or other.)

Come V'fone get it sorted.

D.Lox (disgruntled of Yorkshire)

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with my team.

Once you've contacted us, we'll be able to access your account and look into this for you.

@Satchin Chotalia

I got your message.

1.    I have made several attempts to enter my address but Vodafone have been unable to offer me a choice option to obtain the second security code using my wife's telephone.

2.    I cannot use mine S.Sig V1  = "Sorry there seems to be a problem...."

(Some problem!!!)

3.    You have, at least, my year of birth and there is no provision to modify it - anywhere.

4.    My 'pnoe number in 'my account' is correct = 0776******* But in my Sure Signal page it is shown as 44776*******.  Definitely a problem.

What do you suggest?

Regards

D.Lox

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@dmlox I can see we've previously been in touch with you and requested more information regarding this. 

Please reply to our last email sent and we'll help. 

Hello Rahim,

Pass on my thanks to Tech Team form suggestions, requests and  help.

Problem sorted via telepne conversation - took a few minutes but the Sorry ... etc." messasge has been resolved.

Tried several times to tick the 'Thanks' buttons but all I got in response was a blank screen!! Different, new, problem - probably mine.

Howerver

THANK YOU ALL.

Best wishes and

Seasonal greetings.

D.Lox.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@dmlox - That’s great to hear! Thanks for letting us know it’s sorted now.

Hope you’ve had a great Christmas! :Smiling: