Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone connect router DHCP settings

mattman
4: Newbie

I have posted this into off topic as I can not see any reference to Vodafone Home phone and Broadband.

I have install the router and all is working but there one thing that is missing from the setting of the VDSL router that being a function to turn off DHCP, I have for the pasted 10 year had my own network running at home with a fully working server that is my DHCP & DNS server but for the first time in history I have just sign up for 18 month and got a bloody router that has no function in the GUI settings pages to turn OFF the DHCP server. So for now I will have to wait for 18 months before I can change ISP. thanks vodafone tech team for missing this one. If there is anyone out there that can offer me a firmware update to give me the function to turn OFF DHCP then please post it.

602 REPLIES 602

Paualsh112
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Many people don't want to deal with the hassle of assigning each PC on their network a static IP address. The Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol, or DHCP for short, eliminates the need to do this by allowing it to automatically configure IP settings. This manual will be using a Qwest Actiontec Q1000 router as an example. Other routers will differ slightly, but the basic process is the same best wireless router

smallcheese
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Those of you that have login details - they will be tied to the device in some way and not personal to you. Could you please at least let us know if they are linked to and MAC address or serial number detail on the router.

I'm amazed no-one has worked out what must be a system by now.

Username and password are both random, and probably tied to the subscriber.

I believe VF have a record of username, password and router serial number.

When a brand-new VF router is connected, VF use an auto-configure system to push the relevant username/password to the router.  This is definitely linked on the router's serial, since I had to call VF tech support and supply the serial number in order to get it provisioned correctly.