Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone connect router DHCP settings

mattman
4: Newbie

I have posted this into off topic as I can not see any reference to Vodafone Home phone and Broadband.

I have install the router and all is working but there one thing that is missing from the setting of the VDSL router that being a function to turn off DHCP, I have for the pasted 10 year had my own network running at home with a fully working server that is my DHCP & DNS server but for the first time in history I have just sign up for 18 month and got a bloody router that has no function in the GUI settings pages to turn OFF the DHCP server. So for now I will have to wait for 18 months before I can change ISP. thanks vodafone tech team for missing this one. If there is anyone out there that can offer me a firmware update to give me the function to turn OFF DHCP then please post it.

602 REPLIES 602

Braj_chan
Also can anyone tell me the latest firmware version please?
Thanks

cardiffjames
It has never changed 5.4.8.1.160.13.77

My router is showing as version 5.4.8.1.160.13.77

Vodafone support tell me that this is the latest version and includes the fixes that were in the latest update. I am not convinced :Sad_face:

Has the update promissed for February been ever released?

Hello Vodafone Customer Services, Anybody there to answer my simple and straightforward query???

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@Fidelius wrote:

Hello Vodafone Customer Services, Anybody there to answer my simple and straightforward query???

Do remember that this is a forum and not a customer services channel. 

LiveChat is usually available 24 hours a day if you need a query answered.  The eForum Team only frequent the forum during normal working hours. 

Do be aware however, that Vodafone don't generally give out specific release dates for firmware.  So if it hasn't been released yet, you won't be advised of a specific date. I seem to recall, based on info in other posts, that the firmware hasn't been released yet. 

PWIAC

The Firmeare has been updated to a new GUI and at last there is the option to turn off DHCP only taken eight months, but one thing the update did was reset the ip address back to 192.168.1.1 and this cause alot if issues as I was unable to get into the GUI and change it back to what I use 192.168.0.1 and I had to do a full resest and this in turn wiped all my port forwarding and I could not get the backup to reload.

Thanks vodafone fof adding DHCP option but I just wish you would have test the update on diferent setups or you could have asked some of us to test it for you.

MattMan, they did extensively beta test it and I can confirm that the update didn't reset my IP address so not sure what happened with yours.

Anyways all I'm going to say is that Vodafone has managed to turn a crippled router into an almost fully functioning, useful peice of kit that meets mosts of my needs. Granted we should never have been put in this position in the first place, Vodafone's comunication of what they were doing & planning should have been infinitely better but at least they've listened to some of our complaints. Now all we need are our PPPoE user settings and life would be sweet!  

I don't think my firmware has been updated yet - Its still showing the old look and feel

Software Version 5.4.8.1.160.13.77
Vodafone Connect router model name Vodafone Connect
Vodafone Connect router hardware version ADB 963168_ADBVOX25

Is the firmware being rolled out over a period of time ?

I think that are doing a rolling update have you changed your static IP off the router if so change it back now before the update.

I had a very strange thing as the internet was working on a my guest WiFi after the update but the main network WiFi was not working and no internet as it had changed the static IP address back to the default. (192.168.1.1)

But I'm glade that I can not turn off the DHCP.