Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

extremely poor customer service

LILMENACE86
2: Seeker

I am extremely disappointed with Vodafones lack of customer service. With absolutely no regard for consumer satisfaction, they have ignored my pleas for help in dealing with a very serious issue and have robbed me of almost 100 pounds. 

At first I was misold a SIM only package, as I had my own phone through the carphone warehouse. Through fault of theirs and also VODAFONE, my SIM card was set up incorrectly. I was sold a package that for the first two months had unlimited data and 500 minutes worth of calls, plus unlimited texts. Within 4 days of usage of my new SIM I phoned VODAFONE customer service with the intention of changing my account details as I had recently changed banks. Unbeknown to myself, the call handler suggested I had wayward charges of an extreme amount for having only had the phone for 4 days.

The numbers I had called had all been 'inclusive' numbers of the permitted 500 minutes. Yet none of my minutes had been used - just charged calls and TEXTS and DATA, even though these were supposedely unlimited. I had made several calls to mobiles, some not even lasting 2 secs ( the 14th call operative I phoned, working for vodafone, to discuss the matter over a number of passing weeks) tried to fob me off with accusing me of making prank calls. I am 30 years of age, and having returned to the UK after 7 years of travelling abroad, I am in no way immature enough to 'prank call'. These were in actual fact, calls made to the same phone number at different intervals after having gone through to my contacts voicemail - charged at nothing less than 50p or above each time.

Absolutely ludacris. Anyway after learning of these atronomical charges on my account, I was entirely shocked and realised straight away something wasn't right with the account and/or the plan. I proceeded to cancel my plan after 5 days - well within my rights as a consumer, I was offered a 14 day 'no questions asked' return policy with the Carphone Warehouse, and a 30 DAY no questions asked 'see if you like us' policy with VODAFONE. Several phonecalls pursued for weeks on end of me calling tirelessy to speak with someone to sort out these charges which a) I couldn't even get someone from the call centre to explain to me where they came from, or what numbers/how much data I'd used and b) they wasn;t even able to tell the me the account balance as they didn;t have access to it on their computers. WHAT DAY AND AGE OF TECHNOLOGICAL EXCELLENCE ARE WE LIVING IN EXACTLY???

After having an operator hang up the phone to me after my initial explanation of reasons to the nature of my call (I will not call them a customer services advisor - as they failed to advise me with anything to do with my account and furthur more if that's what they regard as customer service they are in for a shock in the real world), I proceeded to call back again, this time again fobbed off with "call back next month when we have your statement to view" This was June 2016 - I was to wait until the end of JULY 2016 to find out what I apparently owed the company after inclusive calls, texts and data was use don my phone number in 4 days of having the SIM only plan.

Well that didn't sit well. But what did I do, called again in July only to be told there was absolutely nothing on my account in my nme, they had no record of me whatsoever, the screen was blank, I owed no money, not even a trace of several complaints I'd already made. ##~##??!! The lady whose name escapes me at this moment in time unfortunetly, she she would make a note on the system for me that I'd called (again) that no money was owing on the account as her screen was blank, and that there's no way to take any money could be taken from the account - as there was no account details. She said not to worry at all, she advised me I was well within my rights to cancel the sim only plan as I'd done it well within the 30 day scope and that if there was any more problems to develop someone from their office would call me. (I don't know how they'd manage to get in touch, she didnt stick around long enough to ask for an alternative contcat number, since I seized to exist with Vodafone).

Finally another 2 weeks later, the bank account was checked and sure enough two amounts of moneys had been debited from the account listed on my sim only plan for the totals of 19.00 pounds and 76.04 pounds. I was extremely angry with this as you can imagine. Two regular direct debit payments that were due to come out at the same time these debits were wrongfully taken meant there was insufficient funds available. Therefore the account recieved bank charges and footprints against it for default of payment. 

I phoned VODAFONE for the final time, until I am writing this over a month later. I spoke with a man that told me his name was Jacob at the start of the conversation but proceeded to call himself Mustafa at the end of the telephone call. He listened and was the politetest member of the company I had dealt with this far, I expained, in it's entireity, the situation I was in with Vodafone. Mustafa in detail read out every single call and text I made, along with exactly how much data allowance I had used in the 4/5 days before cancellation. He listed how long each call was and what the exact cost was of each. I hae records that I wrote down indetail and also have him recorded on a device for parts of the conversation. 

He informed me this would be escalated immediately and he raised a recalculation request in an instant as he could see I was nowhere near my usage cap offs of text/calls/or data so he said something was definietly wrong with the account and I shouldn't of recieved such charges. He also confirmed I should not pay for anything inclusive either as I cancelled the sim only plan within the 30 day trial. 

That phonecall was made 30/07/2016 It's in actual fact 6 weeks later and I have still heard nothing, after being promised it would take no longer than 1-24 hours to hear a response from someone in the relevant department. Mustafa even took my persona mobile number to make sure he dealt with me directly. Well I'm sorry Mustafa, but I think it's a little over the 24 hours you promised to be in touch with regards to this case.

I am taking this to every level of unfair trading and the mobile network ombudsman to get a result from VODAFONE. I will not be calling again to discuss this. You contact me. You're brand name will forever be tarnished in my opinion. You're customer service is extremely poor and I am highly disppointed. I shall never, ever buy any of your products and I pity anybody that has just signed up on a contract with you. Shame on me. I will be getting a refund, in it's entireity and seeking legal advice against you. 

Thanks for nothing VODAFONE 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sidwerrin
I am with you all the way in terms of customer service - or lack thereof.
Having replaced my teenage daughter's phone around December. The original broke just before contract end so new seemed a good idea - and against my better judgement agreed to go Vodafone again. Contract may be in my name but phone used by pressing contract age teenager...
It took a while to realise that the original number had not been cancelled at contract end so I was paying for it for six months when there was no need! Probably my fault at that point, but isn't it strange that Vodafone shops have no involvement in customer service once they have your money and you've walked out their door?
Anyway... apparently I contacted Vodafone on 1 July to cancel the original, and broken, phone to avoid further charges.
Then I got a letter advising that £255.20 cancellation charges had been charged to my account. So, I contacted Vodafone again to point out that there should be two numbers on the account - an old one out of contract and the new one which my daughter would like them to reconnect - I did not want to cancel the recent contract and would they remove the charge from my account. That is to say, do what I asked them to on 1 July! That seemed to be uneed stood. I was wrong.
On 1 September Vodafone took £255.20 cancellation charges from my account. I noticed this on 8 September. Contacted them to explain AGAIN and requested the situation be corrected immediately. Alas, 5 to 7 days was the offered refund period.
So I contacted them again yesterday, and again today, as MY £255.20 is STILL IN VODAFONE HANDS.
Sadly I am travelling today so my most recent live chat failed with loss of signal.
My next step will be to get the Director's names from Companies House and write to them at their houses to ask how they would feel if 10% of their, or Vodafone's, monthly income was simply STOLEN from them by one of their suppliers. Copies will go to OFFCOM as I now believe Vodafone should not be allowed to trade due to their non-existent (not poor) customer service. And Trading Standards for much the same reason. I also have an appointment with the legal service provider through my union membership with a view to progressing a no win no fee case against Vodafone for my loss through their tort of negligence, and possibly under the 1964 Theft Act. Small Claims Court action is also a possibility, though I would rather see some really adverse publicity in the press at the moment - enough to legitimately hit the company in the share price and screw up the director's share scheme options.
Mr Angry in Birmingham.

View solution in original position

33 REPLIES 33

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Johnh1010 Are you still experiencing issues?

If you are, please see the private message I've sent with details on how to get in touch.

Djreeve
4: Newbie

My advice is to leave Vodafone the first chance you get.

Lauren in Middleton from Upgrades is full of ##~## as is Stephen in Ireland from the 'loyalty' team

one promised me 30gb of data unlimited calls and texts for £20 and a call one Sunday to activate sim only.....never happened.

the other laughed at Lauren's wildly exaggerated (authorised by a superuser) tariff and proceeded to sort me out with 22gb of data, unlimited calls and texts for £22.20 per month (text from Stephen attached)

this is never happened either....

customer resolutions operator, based in Indian, not Egypt where so many of the British advisors seem to think they were solely based (misinformation) called me to try and secure 20gb of data, unlimited calls and texts for £22.20  per month. A tariff that I know is already 40% reduced but seeing as I have been muchked around for 2 months he said all he could do was........ wait for it.......ADD AN EXTRA 1 GIGABITE and slowed down his speech when he said 'for the entire 12months of the contract' like he was doing me a favour.

After waiting for a phone that never arrived, cancelling said phone and then having it delivered the next day with no communication. Being offered tariffs that don't exist and being treated like a dog for the most part I have told the last operator that I wish to leave this abomination of a company with its lack of speaking Vodafone and misinterpretation of policy. 

Just received my PAC CODE and will be joining a different service provider with far better customer service and much better signal as I can only get 2G in my area even though the coverage checker says 3G.

Oh. And If anyone above the pay grade of pond scum gets to read this, please investigate it and feedback to the morons that work at Vodafone so maybe in some way it will help the poor users that remain imprisoned. 

Caio

In October I signed up for a vodaphone contract for our landline, mobile and computer as result of ads for saving cost of line rentals.  A number of issues but specifically I did not take in the £6. package  for unlimited calls on landline and also package including billing. It took us 4 months to realise that as opposed to £24 we owed and had paid Vodaphone over £600 - i.e. about 50 times what we would have paid if we had the package.  

I have spoken twice now to very courteous representatives but they have no authorisation to refund or ever as a good will gesture pay in part some of the £600. Whilst they may have the legal right, it is definitely immoral as how would I have agreed in full knowledge to pay £600 for something I could have for £24...I am in touch with You and Yours, but would like a reasonable offer from Vodaphone.. Virginia Constable Maxwelll

Becca_P
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@vmaxwell

We'll be happy to look into getting this resolved for you.

I've sent you a private message with details of how to get in contact. Once completed, a member of the team will be in touch to discuss any queries.