Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

unlocking of phone not worked

mattquinn
2: Seeker

Hi, I have a Samsung s5 that was locked to Vodafone, I went into the Vodafone store with it and they gave me an nuc code, I typed it into the phone with my O2 sim in the phone, a message appeared saying it was successful but it has now been a week and the phone stilol says "could not connect to O2 UK" and appears as "emergency calls only". Why has it not unlocked yet?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hello mattquinn

If you have received the message that the unlock was successful, the phone is probably unlocked.

Have you contact O2 about the problem ?  It may be your O2 SIM card.  If the phone was still locked, you would get a different message.

Try another SIM in the phone and see if it makes a difference.

View solution in original position

10 REPLIES 10

AnnS

Hello mattquinn

If you have received the message that the unlock was successful, the phone is probably unlocked.

Have you contact O2 about the problem ?  It may be your O2 SIM card.  If the phone was still locked, you would get a different message.

Try another SIM in the phone and see if it makes a difference.

hrym

I agree with AnnS.   My initial reaction was "do you not need to do that with a Vodafone SIM in?"

mattquinn
I tried two other network aims and neither worked however the data works?

Hi @mattquinn

With only your data working, your handset may be blacklisted.

Get in touch with us here, so we can get this checked.

Thanks,

Rodney

mattquinn
It is not blacklisted either I have checked. Tried other network aims and they don't work. EE sim in it makes the phone say EE instead of emergency calls only but still can't make or receive phone calls or texts. Data works

Hi @mattquinn      

I think it’s best we take a look into this for you.

Our Live help team available here, can help with this.

Thanks,

Sarah

I have suffered miserably with lots of embarrasment in hands of Vodafone having bought a S5 phone as a gift for a friend of mine. 

I purchased the unlock code for £20 and was told the unlock code will be emailed within 2 weeks. 

The purchase was made beginning of January and after more than 10 store visits made over last 10 weeks, there is still no resolution. 

Please advise. 

Amar

Amar welcome to the club. I've had exactly the same issue and been suffering since Christmas. Gift for wife bought in Dec and hasn't been unlocked since. They have just asked me to contact Samsung which they'll tell you at some point in the near future.

hrym

Unlock code have to be acquired from Samsung and there have been reports of delays in their being supplied by them, sadly.