Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broadband Cancellation Requested - But line still active 2 weeks later

greenfieldsvo
4: Newbie

Hi,

I have requested to cancel my broadband during my cooling off period.

The request was made on the 27th March

The router was returned and delivered to Vodafone on 29th March

I am trying to get another provider in, but the line is still active on BT Wholesale / Openreach.

Can anyone help check when will my line stop / ceased for a new provider to install?

Or is there a way I can check myself?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @greenfieldsvo, thanks for explaining. So that we can check the progress of your cancellation request, we'd need to have access to your account which we wouldn't be able to do over the forum. You can contact our Social Media team directly on Facebook or Twitter and they'll be be able to check this for you. 

Alternatively, you can raise a complaint on our website for this to be looked into. 

View solution in original position

28 REPLIES 28

If Vodafone has been told to cancel my service on 27th March by phone. And Vodafone received the router back on 29th March. And this is all within the 14 days cooling off period. How long should it take Vodafone to cancel my service and issue my final bill?

Hey @greenfieldsvo In order for us to look into this further for you we would need you to call the broadband team again. They will be able to check the cancellation request and provide you with an update on its progress. 

Spent over an hour on live chat today only to be passed from one team to the next, one of them even told me lies and said that the line was ceased, and luckily I had BT on another line who confirmed that its actually still active. At the end of the live chat, I was just given a phone number, so spent another 40 minutes on the phone on top of that.

Now I have to wait 4 more days for an "escalated cancellation or disconnection" to complete.

This is an INCREDIBLY painful experience! I need to pay another month's bill and wait for a final bill for everything to be refunded. 

The pain is almost like Vodafone's revenge on me for cancelling their services early!

4 days later, and still no cancellation and the line is still active. Ticket to resolve returned router is still not resolved.

Received an automated email to tell me they haven't received my router, even though it was delivered to Vodafone on the 29th March.

And to top it off, I got another bill for next month's usage - even though I cancelled on the 23rd March.

All I got was apologies and to wait another painstaking 72 hours!

What do I need to do to escalate this to whoever has powers to finally resolve and put an end to this?

Hey @greenfieldsvo. Apologies for the experience you've had getting your Broadband cancelled. If you're looking to get this escalated, you'll need to contact our Broadband team directly and they'll be able to help get this raised. You can speak to them on Webchat or you can call them on 191 from any Vodafone mobile or 0333 304 0191 from any landline or mobile. 

@CallumR Hi, that's what I have been doing, live chat and calling that number 0330 304 0191, I must have chased called that number at least 4 times now (a total of 2 hours spent) and on live chat at least 5 times, including yesterday. Each time I just get asked to wait 24-48 hours, now I'm asked to wait 48-72 hours, every time when that 48 or 72 hours is over, I have to chase again, and have to wait again. So I get no closer to cancelling and for Vodafone to issue my final bill. All I get are reassurance that it will get done, and apologies but seemingly no real action taken.

As of now, the line is still active according to BT and no final bill has been issued. It's now day 29 since I requested my cancellation. How do I demand for this to be escalated to manager or someone with authority to get things done on the phone?

Hi @greenfieldsvo, thanks for explaining. So that we can check the progress of your cancellation request, we'd need to have access to your account which we wouldn't be able to do over the forum. You can contact our Social Media team directly on Facebook or Twitter and they'll be be able to check this for you. 

Alternatively, you can raise a complaint on our website for this to be looked into. 

Jayach
16: Advanced member

I still don't understand the "BT say the line is still active". Lines are usually active until the new ISP takes over.

You shouldn't need to cancel Vodafone, BT (if that is your chosen provider) should do it.

BT thinks that the best approach to take is to wait for the line to be ceased .

This is because I already cancelled with Vodafone, and want this to action within the 14 days cooling off period.

I don't think it would be wise for me to rely on BT (or any other broadband provider) to take over an active line in a timely manner within the 14 days cooling off period. 

Jayach

I've often wondered how, if you cancel in the cooling off period, you could get a new ISP in reasonable time. Looks like it not possible.

Are you still using the broadband?