Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Apple Watch Causes new Vox 3 Router to Crash and loose internet access

boardmann
4: Newbie

Ive had an appalling experience with Vodafone a red cable link issue is only the tip of the iceburg.

Since they sent me there new router to try to rectify some issues ive been having its been randemly crashing sometimes every ten mins or so.

I have today been informed by the Directors office that there is a compatability problem between Apples Watch and the firmware installed in the new router causing random crashes on the new Vox 3 router it just reboots causing it to loose internet access.

I was just amazed that Vodafone could send out these new routers with such a massive problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I just spoke with Vodafone. The Tech 2 team in India are incorrectly telling people that the issue is fixed and you need to do a factory reset to resolve the issue.  This is not correct.

I then spoke to Vodafone Tech 2 in the UK and they say that they are being overwhelmed with fault calls as lots of people got watches for Christmas. 

They say that they are still working on a fix and this will be pushed out in phases starting in about a week's time.

Apparently you may lose service for a while whilst the firmware update is applied. 

I suggest you take a note of your firmware versions and check back daily to see when you get the update. Then switch your watch back on and pray like crazy it's fixed the problem!

I was told compensation would be applied automatically if you logged a ticket with Vodafone, but clearly keep an eye on that!

Good luck everyone, at least Vodafone know what the issue is, and it is a priority for them. 

View solution in original position

63 REPLIES 63

That is odd all I can do on my router is look at what firmware version I have.  I can't find a check for update button.

My firmware is 17.4.c.0277-2449004, which I believe is the offending version.

Unless I'm missing something, I don't see the option to check for updates.

You changed it from basic to expert mode? 

Sorry,  you must have a newer firmware than most people as on this page it doesnt give you an option to update.......

I just spoke with Vodafone. The Tech 2 team in India are incorrectly telling people that the issue is fixed and you need to do a factory reset to resolve the issue.  This is not correct.

I then spoke to Vodafone Tech 2 in the UK and they say that they are being overwhelmed with fault calls as lots of people got watches for Christmas. 

They say that they are still working on a fix and this will be pushed out in phases starting in about a week's time.

Apparently you may lose service for a while whilst the firmware update is applied. 

I suggest you take a note of your firmware versions and check back daily to see when you get the update. Then switch your watch back on and pray like crazy it's fixed the problem!

I was told compensation would be applied automatically if you logged a ticket with Vodafone, but clearly keep an eye on that!

Good luck everyone, at least Vodafone know what the issue is, and it is a priority for them. 

Checked my bill 

Checked my bill for the refund,all applied but brilliant CS and they have only charged me a tenner for a replacement router, you could  not make it up

Just the type of amazingly ##~## service I've come to expect from Vodafone ( the future is exiting Lol 😂 )

Well connection has been up for about 3 days now when Apple Watch isn't connected to the WiFi. 

Was told that the 2nd line would be in contact 24-48 hours to advise the router has been updated but surprise surprise that's not happened! Will give them a call later to see what's happened if anything at all!? 

I have been suffering with this problem since around last October. I eventually found this thread and been monitoring for a while waiting for a solution. For months I had been getting a pretty consistent 58 - 62 Mb download, this then decreased to around 10Mbs after all the reboots.  The attached picture shows the history of my download speeds

After couple of contacts with Level 1 support they sent out an Openreach engineer just before Christmas. He suggested something had been changed in the local cabinet and reset the line.   He got the speed back up to 45Mbs, but in the time since the reboots have continued and speed again dropped.

So today I rang Level 2 support. One of the first questions I was asked was did I have an Apple Watch, when I said yes, the lady said there was a firmware update which would be pushed out to the router.  About 30 minutes later the router went off line for quite a while and rebooted in a different way. I now have firmware 19.2.0203-3261006. 

It's only been a couple of hours, but so far, so good. The watch has been on Wifi the whole time and no reboots. 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻  

Let's hope the speed recovers now with a stable line.

Zappy

Are you sure that's there firmware version and not the bootloader version?  My bootloader is on v19.xxxx but my firmware is still on v17.xxxx

Thanks

I'm fairly sure it's the firmware version as it's what's reported on the Settings/Firmware Update page of the router settings.

As far as I know I've  had one reset and the router is currently reporting it's been up for just over 36 hours.  Unfortunately the line speed doesn't seem to have increased - currently sat at around 32 Mbps.   Does anyone know if the line speed should improve by itself, or do I need to contact VF to get them to reset it again?