Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broadband connection not reaching all rooms

RuuthT
1: Seeker

I'm EXTREMELY frustrated trying to sort this issue, I've recently moved into a two bedroom flat. I noticed that the wifi kept dropping out in the bedroom (the furthest room from the router) I understand this can happen and made a note to see what could be done. Since then the connection has been dropping out in the rooms above 10-20 feet from the router and I've used all of my mobile data til the 7th Dec. as I can't spot it happening all the time.

I wouldn't be quite so annoyed if it was IMPOSSIBLE to contact anyone from Vodafone about the issue, I've gone round in circles being forced to do speed tests and use the app which gives me error after error and then still shows no service issues which isn't the problem anyway. I've now had to make an another account just to be able to post on here. I'm sure someone else has experience the same issues so any help would be much appreciated! Thank you in advance!!

1 REPLY 1

VFbroadbanduser
11: Established
11: Established

Well it depends on how thick your walls are in your house, because not spots can happen. If you are connecting on either 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz, using 2.4Ghz gives a longer range but less bandwidth and 5Ghz gives a shorter range but more bandwidth.

A simple solution to sort out not spots is to buy a cheap mesh system for around £100, TP-Link Decos are really good and generally come in a set of 2 or 3. Don't bother with the Vodafone mesh devices they are rubbish if they offer them.