Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Connecting a Unifi Dream Machine with a HG612 modem

XNotorious
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have a SuperFast 2 connection and I recently bought a Dream Machine so I can improve my network. I acquired my PPPoE login details via chat and I unlocked the HG612 BT OpenReach modem, but I can't get it to work.

The settings on the modem are good, I used this post (https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Other-broadband-queries/Openreach-HG612-settings/m-p/2689837) for the settings. After that I plugged the UTP cable in LAN1 on the HG612 into the WAN port of the UDM and used my PPPoE info in the WAN network and used VLAN 101. Saved everything, rebooted everything, but there should be a setting wrong. I can see that the modem has a connection, so that works, the link with the UDM isn't working.

Does anybody here has experience with a UDM and a HG612 who can help me out? 

2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

In most cases just doing a full reset on the HG612 V3b will do enough that once your router is set up, you can connect.

One thing that it is worth pointing out is that you do not need to have the USG express VLAN 101 on it's WAN port, the modem does that on its internet connection.

The killer so often is Vodafone giving the wrong, or incomplete username.  the username should be similar to (with out the space surrounding the @):

dsl1234567890 @ broadband.vodafone.co.uk

Brilliant, I will check that out, I also bought a BT Hub 5 for a tenner to flash with OpenWRT as a backup.

I just have to wait a full week while Vodafone inspects my "Superfast" line. I'm getting much lower speeds than I should get.