Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

My vodafone wifi has stopped letting my phone open apps

Jack20991
3: Seeker

I recently renewed my WiFi package with Vodafone for the exact same deal, didn't have to do anything but reset the router on the day. However since doing this my Samsung phone has started having problems loading up some apps and stuff in apps. For example the Premier league app has stopped working. Twitter and reddit videos don't load but those apps and pictures load just fine. Random stuff like trying to send gifs on WhatsApp doesn't work.

When I turn off the WiFi these apps open up as normal on my mobile network that is also through Vodafone so I'm confused. I can also connect totally fine to them through my work WiFi so ot is just my home broadband and it has only started since the new package. My wife's phone and all other devices in the house don't seem to be effected. 

Any advise on this would be appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Janey, after more troubleshooting today, I have managed to fix this issue. It had something to do with the IPv6 being checked on my router settings. After unchecking this, all my apps work completely fine and as they should. 

Thank you all the same!

View solution in original position

48 REPLIES 48

After disabling the IPv6 address on local network, can you still see it on IPv6 Global Address (local network) on Status and Support? I've disabled it but I can't see any improvement yet...

That's sorted the issue for me. Many thanks.

It didn't help immediately but when I switched between 2.4GHz to 5GHz and back, it sorted it and now works on either 

Must admit I'd seen that setting before and thought I don't need IPv6 at home but never actually turned it off. I musthave done previously and then it was reinstated when Vodafone reset my router for the FTTP connection

Unfortunately I can't switch between from 2.4 to 5ghz and back because the router doesn't allow me to separate the WiFi.
I tried to reset the network settings on my iPhone and TV but it didn't help and they always connect to 5ghz.

Jayach
16: Advanced member

@salvom89 

Have you changed your DNS setting, just in case your problem is the content controls. Not using Vodafone's DNS bypasses them.

Jayach_0-1686511064149.png

Yes, I am using 1.1.1.1 as primary and 8.8.8.8 as secondary, disabled IPv6, disabled mobile data (3g/4g) but still having those problems after migration to the fiber. Vodafone doesn't know how to solve this issue.

Cynric

@salvom89 Did you restart the router after making the changes?

I didn't restart it actually, I could try.
Vodafone now says there is a problem in the cabinet and they are sending an engineer to check it.

RJFINN03

I have the exact same issues, ever since joining Vodafone at the end of October, I've had so many problems with apps on my phone over WiFi. Videos,  GIFs and pictures won't load in certain apps, I cannot upload anything on certain apps and some apps refuse to open at all.

My phone and apps work completely fine on other WiFi networks and on my mobile data.  Tried all the troubleshooting methods in this thread and still nothing. 

This is incredibly frustrating as I just moved to Vodafone after having issues with another provider for the passed year. Hope a solution is found soon. 

Hi @RJFINN03 I can imagine how frustrating that must be. I'd recommend contacting our Broadband team on 191 free from a Vodafone mobile or 03333 040 191 from another phone. They're also available on Live Chat

Hi Janey, after more troubleshooting today, I have managed to fix this issue. It had something to do with the IPv6 being checked on my router settings. After unchecking this, all my apps work completely fine and as they should. 

Thank you all the same!