Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Nord VPN and connection to VF Router

majb
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Can any one help with how i can connect Nord VPN to my VF Router please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Vodafone Gigafast service, provided over cityfibre's network, I get approx 940Mbps up and down on that, I also have BT FTTP which is 330Mbps down, 50Mbps Up, the Draytek load balances those two connections and feeds my network via its 10Gbe ports but on a multi session download it can use both connections for the same task eg Steam downloads, microsoft updates etc it pulls approx 1250Mbps.  I dont need all that obviously, i just struggled for years on 4Mb ADSL (until Feb this year), I thought what the hell, lets go mad!

View solution in original position

8 REPLIES 8

Jayach
16: Advanced member

You can't run a VPN on a VF router, at least not on the THG3000, I don't know for sure on the earlier routers but it is unlikely.

You will have to run it on the devices, they have apps/clients for just about everything.

its a shame that VF don't allow for this... 

thanks anyway.

Your only real option is to replace with your own router.

You will need to get your login details from Vodafone.

Also be warned that max speed on Nord gets me about 200-300Mbps on my 900Mbps gigafast connection using a Draytek 3910 which has spec speed of 9000Mbps NAT throughput.

wow how do you get that level of speed?  sorry not technical so don't know as i only have super fast 2 from Vodafone which seems to be fine

Vodafone Gigafast service, provided over cityfibre's network, I get approx 940Mbps up and down on that, I also have BT FTTP which is 330Mbps down, 50Mbps Up, the Draytek load balances those two connections and feeds my network via its 10Gbe ports but on a multi session download it can use both connections for the same task eg Steam downloads, microsoft updates etc it pulls approx 1250Mbps.  I dont need all that obviously, i just struggled for years on 4Mb ADSL (until Feb this year), I thought what the hell, lets go mad!

if you don't want to replace the router, will NordVPN work if just installed on my laptop etc?

Jayach

@belfastbiker wrote:

if you don't want to replace the router, will NordVPN work if just installed on my laptop etc?

Absolutely. I use it much of the time, but I am on FTTC. Can't say if it might struggle on FTTP, but I seriously doubt it.

Why do you want to run a VPN?

CrimsonLiar

To be honest VPNs chug huge amount of CPU, creating an additional bottleneck whether they are running on your computer or a router - many "standard" routers with VPN capability will struggle to exceed 100Mbps when using a VPN!