Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Xbox Series X wired connection issue

JosephA12
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi, hoping someone could help.

Since switching to Vodaphone I have been experiencing issues with my Xbox connecting to the the network via a wired connection. What I find is sometimes if I restart the Xbox enough, it pics up the wired connection.

What I have tried (on the Xbox):

Reset MAC - same issue

NAT Type set to open which is correct

Did a factory reset of the Xbox - same issueHowever when I connected the Xbox to the Wi-Fi - works fine

What I tried on the router;

Power cycle - same issue

Manually added DNS (8.8.8.8) - same issue

Changed Ethernet cable - same issue

Other devices connected via a Ethernet cable work fine.

At the point I don’t believe this is a Xbox issue but an issue with the router or broadband. Is there something that maybe stopping/making the wired connection intermittent as I’m not sure what else to do.

As I said I had no issues when on Virgin using a wired Ethernet connection.

428 REPLIES 428

I've not received the update either and speaking to the supposed wifi xperts for pro broadband subscribers is like getting blood from a stone. Two agents said that the update had been pushed and applied and both times it hasn't and I'm still on 19.4.0551-3261103.

But hey ho Atleast my xbox is still pretty unusable as I'm not about to keep reseting my router to get it to work. This and a myriad of other issues which Vodafone either point blank refuse to do anything about or fail to take action on will leave me to contact trading standards in the morning to leave my contract as surely Vodafones contract to me is leave me with working hardware and it hasn't 18years with sky never had an issue 5 weeks with Vodafone and where do I start!! 

Jayach
16: Advanced member

@da1e85 

No one has said you need to reset the router to get the Xbox to work once you have the update.

As for the other problems maybe we could help?

I don't think there is much point contacting trading standards, you need to follow the complaints procedure and  then take it to CISAS if they don't resolve them.

Complaints Code of Practice | Vodafone UK

Resetting the router and xbox is the only way I get it to work I don't fancy leaving the Xbox on when I'm away all week.

The other issues Vodafone refuse to acknowledge ie my upload speeds should be 900 but I consistently get 135to140 it's like it's capped

Jayach

Hopefully the Xbox problem will be cured once you get the firmware update. 

@Sampyp wrote:

The console is in energy saving mode and only activates the ether net port when you click the Xbox button and select restart. 

Doesn't sound too onerous.

As for the speed issues, they are reported on here quite a lot, but most seem to get them resolved once Vodafone get CityFibre to look into it.

If you are getting nowhere with the standard support, raise a complaint and they should ensure it is taken to resolution.

As you are obviously on CityFibre, are any other ISP's providing through them in your area, or is it only Vodafone?

Hey all! I hope everyone is doing well, staying hydrated and keeping as cool as possible 🙂 

I have an update from the team for you. Unfortunately they have been unable to replicate the issue. Because of this we need to get this raised as individual incidents so we can escalate it.

I appreciate that this will cause some frustration but we now need anyone experiencing the issue to get in touch with the Social Media team here or call the Broadband team on 191 free from a Vodafone Pay monthly mobile, or 03333 040 191 from any other UK phone (standard charges apply). The team can then run through the necessary tests in order to get those fault tickets raised and escalated. 

Thanks Steph. 

I did contact the social team and they want a photo. Not sure what use this will be ! 

do we link to this thread again ?

Thanks for letting me know @Sampyp If you and anyone else who has this issue can link this thread in your messages to the Social Media team, we can make sure that the correct tests are done so we can get this all raised for you. 

If anyone is messaging the Social Media team for the first time, please let me know and I can ensure your messages are picked up with the necessary instructions 🙂

I messaged the social media team and they said I had to call the gigafast team.

Thanks @spinoir I know it's frustrating being asked to call in. I've spoken to the Broadband team and they have advised the following:

- All Broadband Pro and Gigafast customers need to call the WiFi Xperts or message them here and request line tests to be done so that a ticket can be raised for the issue 

- All standard Superfast customers need to message the Social Media team and request line tests to be done so that a ticket can be raised for the issue

Jayach

Is there any point in chasing this up until everyone has tested the new firmware?