cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

100% Proof of throttling twitch iptv etc.

mrmarkyuk
10: Established
10: Established

Here's the proof of throttling - Once I vpn out of the vodafone throttling wall twitch is working perfect at full video source.

PROOF of  throttling  - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWqlPPGcv6Q 

It looks like throttling is around between 3.8 - 4 - once I hit up onto the vpn you will notice i'm up at around 10 and playback is perfect

There's too many other customers on here reporting the exact same issue for it to be a problem our side - I've tested multiple routers etc to rule that out - I created this new thread because now we can see it really is a vodafone problem.

this is my speed 
7929135659.png

Can you give an estimation when this will be changed back?

804 REPLIES 804

Yeah already done that single speed test at fast.com too but heres another Ive just done : https://single.speedtest.net/result/8016870476

Laughable - upload is 5 times as fast...  Will lodge that complaint..

Jimbo

gipjon
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

You do realise that this forum is just another way of control to delay customers and most customer will just give in . You really do need to drop a complaint in to vodafone and also Ofcom . I dont understand why people put up with it . 

Well add me to the list.

Can't watch anything on Amazon Prime.

And I'll be writing to Ofcom in a moment.

I've been waiting on the "24/7" chat for over 30mins now too.

"Vodafone: All our agents are currently assisting other customers. The next available agent will be with you shortly. Thank you for your patience."

Appalling service.

I'm trying to remain patient but am losing any patience I had left. Also asked to send repeated speedtests through to their "Converged Tech2" team. I'm not expected them to come back and say "oh we found the issue, it was us not having enough backhaul or bandwidth".

Like I've said before it's such a shame because Vodafone's mobile network is actually pretty decent for data and voice.

Yep agreed - Ironically Ive just signed up to a very good 12 month Vodafone Sim only deal with cashback as my previous mobile provider decided upon themselves that I was no longer 'allowed' to use the data I buy every month, for the purpose of streaming TV.  The only reason Im having to use 4g for this in the first place is because my Vodafone home broadband simply buffers every 5 seconds but works perfectly on Vodafones 4G - lol

Jimbo

As I wasn't able to contact an advisor, I've just fired my complaint off using https://www.resolver.co.uk

If it's not satisfactory resolved, they help you escalate it to OFCOM.

I would recommend everybody with this issue does the same as me.

If Vodafone realise just how many people are unhappy, they may be forced to look into the issue correctly.

Else if our complaints are unresolved  OFCOM will get inundated and have to look at Vodafones practices.

It literally took me less than five minutes to complain.

AD2605DF-D64E-4D73-9019-812FA3C304B9.jpeg

Tonight’s Ofcom test results.  

So I can basically achieve little more than I could ten years ago!  

Pretty much circular,   it should be against trade description to call themselves a broadband provider.

We are 8 weeks in since this problem started and the kinder garden moderators on here still think it's a invidiual user issue, I don't think any of them have been trained in any kind of I.T background - most are just copying and pasting from a script.

My personal advice get your price down as much as you can go then install a 2nd phone line and get a new broadband connection then cancel down vodatheives once your out of contract - positive news is that ofcom have been in touch with me and are requesting some tehical details, they are also in contact with a number of other users so hopefully some legal progress is in the works against this company. 

@circular Hi there, we'd love to look in to this for you. Just to ask have you spoke to our Broadband Team and if so what diagnosis have they completed with you. Normally I’d suggest trying to change the DNS on the device to see if the changing the route the request is sent improves the connection. If you do need any further help, please let us know. Joe