main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Internet speed

Vodafone Home Broadband Speeds

SOLVED
View solved solution
4: Newbie

Hi all,

Quick question. Currently with Sky on their top fibre package and get a constant 79MB download speed.

If I swap to the Vodafone 76 package, will speeds be identical considering the lines are managed by BTO?

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Moderator (Retired)

@flashforward

The speeds may not be identical as Openreach provide the connection up to the green cabinet, we then take over from the cabinet to your home.

You can check your speeds online by entering your postcode and your landline number. This will give you the guaranteed upload and download speeds.

View more options
6 REPLIES 6
Moderator (Retired)

@flashforward

The speeds may not be identical as Openreach provide the connection up to the green cabinet, we then take over from the cabinet to your home.

You can check your speeds online by entering your postcode and your landline number. This will give you the guaranteed upload and download speeds.

View more options

Thanks for the reply. 

Most sites give an estimated 55-70. Sky gave me the same estimate but as I mentioned, I get a very good 79MB with then on their Unlimited Fibre Pro package. 

Getting the same with Vodafone would be a deciding factor for me. 

View more options
Highlighted
10: Established

Wrong!

You should get the same or similar speeds as the OP has correctly stated that Openreach run the same cables from the exchange.  The reason for the *should* is that you'll connect to Vodafone at the exchange and depending on their kit you could see a different download speed.

However, this is more likely down to congestion.  If you think, the 'availability checker' you run on any ISPs website actually uses data from Openreach for the connection speeds.

View more options

Very pleased to say I made the Switch. Went live on Tuesday and I'm getting a consistent 79.2MB!! Very happy indeed

View more options
Administrator

@flashforward That's great to see you're happy with our broadband!

Thanks for taking the time to let us know. :smileyhappy: 

View more options
View more options