Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Porting landline from TalkTalk

ukmark
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

It appears that there are several reported issues of not being able to keep your existing landline number when joining Vodafone broadband. I currently have an order to be joining VF on 16 Sept 2022. When filling in the form I could not choose "keep existing landline". I have lived at same address over 40 years and had same landline over 40 years. I can't understand why porting is such a hassle.

I spoke to an adviser and he said to request a new landline number (in order for me to complete the online form to request 24 months broadband contract). He said, that they would try to keep the landline when switching. TalkTalk have acknowledged my request to leave. They want me to stay (obviously) and although landline numbers are not as important as they once were, it would still be a big inconvenience to go through all your online accounts and phone book etc to change/notify the new landline.

Could somebody from Vodafone please explain why it seems so difficult to preserve your existing number? Who can I contact from VF before the switch to request that my existing landline number is preserved. I do have an order # from VF and that is [Removed].

Hopefully someone will respond. Thanks to all.

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove personal information please see Community Guidelines]

37 REPLIES 37

Jayach
16: Advanced member

@sanpat wrote:

Vodafone have offered me £150 in compensation which I have declined. I have all the official communications and phone recordings from Vodafone (which I had to request formally).  I have now filed a complaint with CISAS.

I honestly don't think CISAS can get your number back. (Hope I'm wrong)

I would definitely have taken the £150, but maybe CICAS will award you more.

Do keep us informed. (Unless they attach a non-disclosure clause)

hi @sanpat did Vodafone manage to recover your number? 

unfortunately they were not able to recover my number.

I filed a CISAS complaint and am waiting to hear the outcome

please keep me updated @sanpat I’ve also filed a case with CISAS who have today given Vodafone 10 working days to:

• Settle the dispute with you
  • Submit a written Defence to your claim
  • Submit an objection to CEDR on grounds of eligibility for adjudication

I will update this thread in due course.

Jayach

@ukmark wrote:

I currently have an order to be joining VF on 16 Sept 2022. When filling in the form I could not choose "keep existing landline". I have lived at same address over 40 years and had same landline over 40 years. I can't understand why porting is such a hassle.

I thought you were staying with TalkTalk?

Re: Transferring my home number to Voda. Why not w... - Community home (vodafone.co.uk)

Yes, I am still with TT for another 2 years. The post at the top is from a week ago. All my other posts regarding this are under the following topic:-

Transferring my home number to Voda. Why not worki... - Community home (vodafone.co.uk)

My last message there (from yesterday) asks for an explanation as to why existing numbers cannot be kept. I just can't get my head around the inability to keep an existing landline number that has been around for a long time (in our case about 50 years). Should be no reason that you cannot keep your existing landline.

Jayach

Apologies for that @ukmark, the thread was resurrected, and I didn't notice how long ago your first post was. 

I also don't understand the current problems with keeping own phone numbers. There was no problem when I transferred from Sky a couple of years ago. It seem to be a recent development.

Ripshod

It all seems hit and miss with Vodafone. I moved my fttc from talktalk nearly 2 years ago without a problem.