Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Trying to connect landline to router

Bullfinch
4: Newbie

I have a Panasonic KX-TGD320E Landline that used to be connected to my old Virginmedia router and worked perfectly fine.

Now that I have changed providers I cannot get the above phone to work on VF THG3000 wifi hub.. I'm without a landline now that Virginmedia has disconnected me. VF supplied me with this adapter https://tinyurl.com/2p9nd66v ,however with or without the adapter there is still no line connection, simply does not work. I've seen this https://tinyurl.com/3b39wjws  on Amazon and wonder if this would cure my problem.

Connection to router is currently from phone base to green port TEL1, have tried TEL 2 but no joy.

I'm waiting on VF 2nd Tech Team to get in touch but when I don't know.

Alternatively I could maybe buy a voip enabled phone but they look heck of a bit expensive. any tips are appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Yes, Vodafone need to enable the phone service. It should have been done automatically, but sometimes isn't.

Call them on 08080 034 515 or use live chat https://www.vodafone.co.uk/bbservcd/.

There is probably no one there now, try tomorrow.

View solution in original position

23 REPLIES 23

I'll pester them in the morning👍

Jayach

@Bullfinch wrote:

I'm 70+ 🙄

Don't tell anyone, but me too.

Thanks for your help folks, phoneline is now working, Internet is working fine. Phone calls sound clearer and sharper too. 

Now I've got to clear/tidy up cables behind tv. 🙄😊

Jayach

@Bullfinch wrote:

Thanks for your help folks, phoneline is now working, Internet is working fine. Phone calls sound clearer and sharper too

Ah, but are they FM quality?

Sorry @Bullfinch that wasn't really aimed at you, Glad your phone is now working.

> Ah, but are they FM quality?

Sorry @Bullfinch that wasn't really aimed at you, Glad your phone is now working.

No it was a dig at me, grow up you silly little fool

Jayach

@fiberfan wrote:

Sorry, I just couldn't help it. 🤣

Cynric

@fiberfan wrote:

> Ah, but are they FM quality?

@fiberfan  Oh please just "chill out" or whatever it is in today's speech.

I wouldn't know, I'm half deaf anyway😳

Spoke too soon😞 back to square one with phone not working, they tell me it will be Tuesday now before it's sorted.

So much for 24/7 support. 

Looks like I might be leaving VF under 14 day cooling off period. This service is unacceptable. 

Jayach

@Bullfinch wrote:

Spoke too soon😞 back to square one with phone not working, they tell me it will be Tuesday now before it's sorted.

So much for 24/7 support. 

Looks like I might be leaving VF under 14 day cooling off period. This service is unacceptable. 

Vodafone always say 48 hours (working hours I assume) when they haven't a clue, just to get you to "go away" for a bit.

Is the phone LED still lit? It's very strange for the service to just stop once it's working.