Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Voicemail FTTP connection

nick_london
4: Newbie

Hi

I accessed my Vodafone account online and switched on Standard Voicemail. From past experience using FTTC down BT lines, switching on voicemail this way never worked and had to call customer services.

So since this is FTTP and Vodafone's Voip service I thought I would have better luck.

Anyway so if it does get activated, what numbers do I dial? Is it just 1571?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jayach
16: Advanced member

In the latest Price Plan it says voice mail is not available on full fibre.

VM.jpg

Goodness knows if it's correct, this is Vodafone after all!

View solution in original position

9 REPLIES 9

Jayach

In the latest Price Plan it says voice mail is not available on full fibre.

VM.jpg

Goodness knows if it's correct, this is Vodafone after all!

Yes vodafones website does seem a bit of a mess. Managing home phone and broadband through those channels never works.

BT digital voice offers all the calling features free. 

Vodafone also need to sort out mobile from home broadband and home phone and same goes for customer services.

I don't have a Vodafone mobile so most of the options and information is useless to me.

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you get broadband first, the customer services and admin systems are such a mess that it's not possible to add mobile to the account later.

I've tried TWICE, the second time the customer services agent having made such a mess he ran off having set up and reset up four times (including a credit check every time) and still not managing to get the system to accept my details.  So just DONT DO IT!

What has this got to do with Vodafone home phone?

I don't intend on getting a mobile from Vodafone.

So there are no call management features at all? That's ridiculous if it is. BT digital voice offers the whole lot for free or at least most of them.

I would really like Call Divert at least, I've tried the usual process for setting up call diversion and I get the tone similar to the busy tone but if I dial 1571 I get the wrong number tone. 

Thanks for sharing the price guide I've been looking for that.

Couldn't help but notice £110 for missed appointments yet when Openreach don't turn up and don't even let you know they aren't coming you can't charge them £110, that's happened to me before!

Having Gigafast 100 installed last week, only today discovered that Voicemail/1571 is not available on full fibre.  This is quite amazing.  Surely it is just a software issue, and could be rectified. Very disappointed.  I don't know whether these pages are monitored by Vodafone but this has to be put right.

Thanks for your post @steveclecy. We don't offer the voicemail service for your landline if your on our Full Fibre Broadband packages. We're always looking for ways to improve our products and service so we'll pass your feedback on using our internal system. 

Well many months on and there are still no calling features available,no voicemail and being charged for 0800 numbers.

Full fibre and VoiP is supposed to be more advanced and modern compared to copper services yet all of the basics are not available. When I originally signed up earlier this year, I was told all the services I had on TalkTalk like Calling features and voicemail were available as a bundle for £2.50 per month and then I ordered this, it went onto my account, I tried setting up call divert and call waiting and tried to dial 1571 and none of it worked, I was then told that all of these services were not available on the VoiP service and was even charged £2.50 for it but of course refunded but the point is, you're supposed to get more out of full fibre.

BT's Digital voice and even Vonage offer all these basic services.

Vodafone's VoIP seems so glitchy at times as well.