Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

5G wifi internet. Crippling Upload speeds

JFarfang0
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi. I have a Vodafone 5G sim. My 5G coverage is good at the moment. I get good download speeds of over 100mbps sometimes 250mb... but my upload speeds are close to nothing. I spoke with Customer service and updated my APN to Vodafone Internet. My standard is Vodafone UK data. Or is there a DNS thing I need to add? How do I close that massive gap between download and upload speeds on my 5G router? I am forced to use the 5G wifi signal to work from home, as my building only has old telephone broadband cabling and no fiber. I don't think a new SIM will solve it. I have a ZTE 5888 router. I'm all up for new ideas so I can finally be able to work from home without interruptions. Thanks. 

6 REPLIES 6

a1star
1: Seeker

I ended up having the same problem with other cards/drivers. I ended up deciding the problem was with my internet provider, so I left them. (It was MetroNet, by the way.) They had no way of verifying on their end that they were providing me with the correct speeds, so I assume the problem was them. I had the same issue on multiple computers, multiple network cards, etc.

@a1star wrote:

I ended up having the same problem with other cards/drivers. I ended up deciding the problem was with my internet provider, so I left them. (It was MetroNet, by the way.) They had no way of verifying on their end that they were providing me with the correct speeds, so I assume the problem was them. I had the same issue on multiple computers, multiple network cards, etc. https://vshare.onl/ 

I got this,...

casse
1: Seeker

I also have 5G Home and am experiencing exactly what OP mentioned. Have not had time to dig into it yet, but I doubt it is hardware related. I do have Fi on phone and it runs on Tmobile, and have similar scenario.

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Have a double check to see if there are any network issues in your area that might be effecting the speeds. You can search here: https://vodafone.uk/330ItxS Zoom out to see if there is anything in the surrounding area. 

My signal is good indoors/outdoors. I get over100mbps + downloads BUT 0.5mpbs on upload. My ping is around 35. I recently bought Nord VPN and used Jersey. And my upload went up to 8mbps .  But my ping increased also. I'm very close to cancel my contract, as I am on my first week. Vodafone needs to tell me now if they're capping my upload data. Just be honest.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for checking @JFarfang0 and explaining what's happening. So we can check your account and also go through some additional checks with you, please send us a message over on one of our Social Channels