Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Problems connecting iPhone to gigacube

Jonathaan76
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have a 4g gigacube on my boat which works great on my SkyQ  and Xbox. The only problem is it seems to struggle to connect to my iPhone X. When I connect it to the gigacube it seems to take about 15 mins for it to be able to load a web page. Once connected it works fine but just very slow at first. Am I doing something wrong?

13 REPLIES 13

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @Jonathaan76, that's a weird one - I must admit. Does it happen everywhere you are or are you permanentaly moored? As this could be a network issue in your area. 

No I don't move the boat that often so it's always in the same place. There is nothing wrong with the signal as I live very close to Nottingham city. 

Also when my phone is not connected to the gigacube and is connected to the Vodafone 4g it works absolutely fine. 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Jonathaan76 Is it just your phone that has problems connecting, or does anyone else struggle to connect to your Gigacube too?

It's 2 iPhones everything else connects fine. The problem seems to be mine and my partners iPhone. 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sounds like we may need to look into the settings on your phones @Jonathaan76, as we may need you to provide some screenshots of these while we do this, please pop us a message on Facebook or Twitter and I'm sure we'll get everything sorted for you. 

Hi Jonathaan,

did you even managed to get through this? I'm having a similar problem but strangely is happening only on my apple devices.

Thanks,

Virgilio

No I still have the same issues. When I first connect to the WiFi it does not work for the first 15 mins or so. The gigacube works fine with my sky q box and laptops though!

thanks for your supper quick reply, I have been researching like crazy, here is a solution that is working for me (for last 5 mins that is since I found it)

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Mobile-Broadband/Gigacube-and-slow-to-load-pages/m-p/2671997/highlig...

Thanks

Virgilio