cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone WIFI R216 dongle keep switching off (even with new battery)

aeroelastic
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi all,

I have an R216 white Vodafone dongle.  It works when plugged into a socket or a USB power source.  As soon as I unplugged the power, the device switched off automatically.  I can turn it on (while unplugged from power  source) but it will turn off again within a minute or so.

I initially thought its the battery, so bought a new replacement one, but it is still doing the same thing. 

Has anyone encountered this problem before please? I am running out of idea.

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @aeroelastic 

For the device to conserve battery when not connected to a power source, the device will go into sleep mode, when you push the power button, this will wake up the display and you should see the device flash.  However, if you are using the device it should stay active.

The only way to avoid the device not going into sleep mode is to connect to a power source or through a USB connection on your PC, you will then find the device automatically coming out of sleep mode when a connection is made to the internet.

Hi, thanks for the reply, got it now. So with the battery sign flashing, it is still technically active?  I thought when the wifi light turned off the dongle will stop.  But I can still surf the internet with the battery sign flashing.

Thanks for your help.