Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

4G data stopped working on iPhone X

Mystical0951
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

About two weeks ago 4G data will not function on my iPhone X. So get a functioning iPhone 7 using “3” and a the non functioning iPhone X using Vodafone. Swapped both sims over and everything works. Swapped them back and the iPhone X 4G fails. Apple have hardware tested phone all okay. Vodafone have played with just about every setting, even reset my account and still no joy. Took back to apple who reset phone- 4G worked, Got back home 4G not working. Has anyone ever experienced this conundrum? 

18 REPLIES 18

No. i am not on Facebook or twitter. Please inform me an alternative way if contacting you.

My problem started last Sunday when when my Wifi kept disconnecting when on standby and the 4G stopped working. 

After checking on google, I managed to resolve the Wifi issue by resetting the network but cant fix the 4G issue. i have reset the mobile data, reset the phone, and restarted the phone several times but 4G still doesnt work.

PLEASE HELP ASAP. Desperate!

Thanks for that information @Habeebi, are you getting 3G on your iPhone or no mobile data at all? Can you also pop your postcode in our Network Status Checker here, to find out if anything is happening in the area 👍

I am getting no mobile data at all - 4G shows three bars but no connection!

I travelled a lot in N W London yesterday and I had no connection!

Please help!

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Habeebi 

You may have done an update on the phone.

I would suggest resetting your network settings from here: Apple Support .  Also try texting WEB to 40127 to download the carrier settings, also synchronise to itunes, this will also update your connection.

We have reset the Network setting as before.

We have not knowingly updated the phone - unless it did this automatically.

My current IoS is 14.4.2

I cannot text WEB to 40127 as texts do not go through.

I will try to syncronise to itunes.

Is there anyway I can talk to you directly to sort this issue?

We would recommend that you check your mobile data settings on your phone are matching up to the details on our website here. If you're not on an unlimited data plan, have you checked the My Vodafone App or online account to make sure you have data available to use? 
If you're wanting to speak to us directly, you can find a link for our Live Chat team here

I have the same issue on an iPhone 11. I spent a whole day checking things with Vodafone which ended in a complete reset. Swapped sims, checked coverage speed test etc. Vodafone suggested a repair due to a faulty phone.  Went to Apple and all hardware tests came back okay and they can’t find a fault. 

I’m stuck now as each company is blaming the other and hiding behind the fact that the warranty expired six months ago.   Reading through this forum suggests it’s a problem Vodafone account settings. 
if I change mobile data from automatic to another provider and back to automatic  this seems to reset something and the true data settings appear which is usually 3G and slow or no internet. 

I’m stuck

Hey @Clementst I hope you're doing good! 

It's disappointing to hear that you're having issues with your 4G and you've not yet had this resolved. I know how frustrating this must be. 

Please get in touch with our Social Media team here so we can check your account and make sure everything is set up correctly. 

Hi 

thanks but I’ve already done this and spent a whole day messaging them and trying suggestions. It ended with a factory reset and being told it’s not the network, it’s the phone. Been thinking o Apple who said it’s not the phone, it’s the network