Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

5G is not working

Bahadlr
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I tried at several locations, include central on a couple of devices but don’t have any 5G connections. I tried on Huawei 5g cpe pro, on iphone 13 pro max, some other iphone 13 but no chance. All of the locations I tried to connect are shown in vodafone’s website as have a good indoor and outdoor covarage. 

Min some discussion topics people mentioned has the same problem, their issues solved by the thing called diprovision/reprovision (I guess). What should i do now? Should I raise my issue on social media as well. Me and my wife, we are working from home and I relied on Vodafone when I was getting this SIM card but now my hands are empty. Desperately looking for help. 

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

May I ask if 5G is chosen as the preffered connection type in those devices i.e deviceguides.vodafone.co.uk/apple/iphone-13-pro-max-ios-15-0/connectivity/select-network-mode. A and check your apn settings are correct.

deviceguides.vodafone.co.uk/apple/iphone-13-pro-max-ios-15-0/connectivity/set-up-your-phone-for-inte... 

Do you get 4G or 4G+ as a connection. I appreciate your wanting a 5G connection which is good for large files downloads.

The Vodafone Social Media Team's can help via Twitter DM or Facebook Messenger.

If you get a reply via a Bot on Vodafones Facebook channel please choose 'Get Started' followed by 'Asked to DM' to get connected to the Social Media Team. 

Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

Link back to your thread here including your forum username so your not having to repeat yourself.

They can check your account as well can customer services on 191 or Live Chat.

They may need to provision your account for 5G. 

This is from Apple Use 5G with your iPhone. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I selected proper settings when I tried to connect on every device. I follow apple’s instructions. choose “5G on” and “5G auto”, but still not getting any 5G signal. apn settings already set. I tweaked all of them numerous times but no chance. 

On my screen it shows 4G. No plus sign. 

I left a message to facebook team and twitter team as well and waiting. Hope someone showed up soon and help me. 

BandOfBrothers

I'm sure you'll recieve a response asap to help you @Bahadlr taking into account the time of year.

As you are receiving a 4G connection this suggests to me that your Apn settings and devices are working as they should.

Again I appreciate your wanting 5G which is good for the faster downloading of large files , but does not vastly improve on how fast you can access the internet ,but 4G should be allowing you reasonably fast access to the internet to surf.

5G is still very much in it's infancy and isn't available everywhere and where it is available to connect to usually means you have to typically pretty near the 5G module, with conditions needing to be optimal.

Have a great Christmas and Happy New Year.  :Smiling:

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.