Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Poor Network 4G and 5G in North London

ahmethemo
2: Seeker

Hi 

I have joined Vodafone since November 2020. Since then I had no joy of using my mobile data. In all of north london (N9, N18, N14, EN1, EN2, EN3, E10, E17) the connection is soo slow that even BBC news web page takes ages to open. I am using iphone 12 pro and I can assure you that there are no problems with my network settings and phone. Other Vodafone users in the area are aslo experiencing same problems. 4G speeds are aprox 6-10mbps at best and usually around 2mbps. 5G is almost none existent even do the coverage map shows 5G in the area. 

I have reported this problem to vodafone many times and nothing seems to be happening. I have signed a 24 months contract with Vodafone but cant even use my phone? Is there others who are having same issues. 

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Has anyone asked you to use the template in the following link so the Vodafone Social Media Team's can pass this to their networking team @ahmethemo 

Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

Local and surrounding Masts can also be checked via the status-checker if you haven't.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Farai
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@ahmethemo I'm sorry to hear about the network issues you've been having in these areas. As @BandOfBrothers suggested, please drop our social media team a message and we'll be happy to take a closer look at this for you 👍 

chistery
16: Advanced member

The Vodafone 5G map is fiction. My area in E14 says full coverage, but Vodafone finally admitted there's no 5G here (Though I had 2 hours of 5g the other week, from my local mast, but not seen any since)

Have you tried a SIM swap? Often fixes all sorts of issues.

I have tried everything Vodafone threw at me. I an currently on e-sim.

Farai
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Have you managed to reach out to our Social Media team @chistery ? They'd be more than happy to investigate this further. 

chistery

Hi @Farai, thanks, but will they be able to tell me if the local mast will have 5G soon or just go on the map which says good indoors and outdoors, which is just not accurate.

@ahmethemo - Do you know anyone else on Vodafone? Can you test side by side and see if you both get similar speeds, or even swap SIMs and test and see if the problem follows the SIM or the phone? (Though if you have an eSIM you obviously can't do that)

We have tried side by side and results were very similar 2mbps download speeds. It seems that vodafone thinks they are covering the area with 5G when 4G signal is suboptimal.

ADBF4790-5E13-44DB-B627-9859A549E85F.png

Ianbostridge

Same problem in NW5. Have alerted Vodafone many times. It has not improved and I have not received the bill rebate I was promised