Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Signal drop out/ No signal - E symbol

Sanjivsai
4: Newbie

Dear All,

I have an iPhone 13pro and recently have been noticing that I have no network coverage (E symbol). I have restarted my phone to no avail.

it is now becoming an issue as I work in the NHS and on a number of occasions this has happened outside a major London Hospital.

Can anyone suggest, what I can do?

Thanks in advance for your help.

3 REPLIES 3

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Sanjivsai, you can check our coverage anywhere in the UK with our Network Status Checker. We also have some helpful troubleshooting steps and checks to help with the most common issues. If you're unable to see an issue on our status checker and the trouble shooting steps haven't help resolve your issue, please pop us a message via one of our social channels, and we'll be happy to take a closer look for you.

tom5333
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

It sounds frustrating, especially since reliable network coverage is crucial for your work at the NHS. You can try resetting your network settings by going to *Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings*. This won’t erase data, but it will reset Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and cellular settings. Also, check with your carrier to ensure there are no outages or coverage issues in your area. If the problem persists, visiting an Apple Store or contacting your carrier for further troubleshooting might help.

japitts
6: Helper
6: Helper

@Sanjivsai wrote:

I have an iPhone 13pro and recently have been noticing that I have no network coverage (E symbol). I have restarted my phone to no avail.

E is indicative of your phone using 2G. Rebooting your phone should force a reselection to 4G even if VF's cell-idle criteria are not doing the same.