Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Tavistock (PL19) Network Issue

Dog_Bone_Malone
2: Seeker

Hi,

As in the title, we've had reduced signal strength for 7 days in Tavistock, Devon (PL19) area, as highlighted on the network status page. We're having to rely on WiFi calling at the moment. 

Does anyone know what the problem is and how the fix is progressing?

7 REPLIES 7

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Dog_Bone_Malone - I understand how important it is to have the best connection at all times. If on our Network Status Checker you're seeing that there's a known fault in your area, then please subscribe to the alert for updates. 

I've entered PL19, onto the Network Status Checker and I can see in some areas, there is limited coverage. If this shows when you enter your full postcode, then it sounds like it's due to the general coverage there. With you mentioning it's been like this for the last 7 days, if there aren't any faults showing and your signal isn't usually like this, then please follow the steps here, including step 6 if you get to it. 

Dog_Bone_Malone

Thanks for getting back to me. However, it's definitely a network issue. I have lived here for a few years now, and it's always been great coverage, i.e full signal. Now it's only one bar of signal strength. If I walk to Tavistock town centre, it's full signal again. There's a fault with the transmitter in Down Road.

Dog_Bone_Malone

RSRP showing -112dbm on the Down Road mast. 

Only WiFi calling available now!
Does anyone have any progress news?

Dog_Bone_Malone

6 week and still only Wi-Fi calling! Time to move to another provider me thinks!

Dog_Bone_Malone

Pl19 area of Tavistock. More specifically the Down Road mast in Tavistock. It's been transmitting a terrible -112 dbm for 7 weeks. In this time, me and many others are having to rely on WiFi calling.

The only correspondence we get is that ' we know there's a problem and we're working as hard as we can to fix it'!

Right!

Any news? Any progress? Any hope? Anything?

Hi @Dog_Bone_Malone Thanks for your post. I've had a look at the mast on Down Road and I'm sorry to see how long it's been down for. I can only imagine how frustrating this has been. After taking a closer look, I can see that the site was actually damaged in a road traffic accident and it's taking a little longer than expected to complete the repairs, this could be down to a number of factors such as gaining access to sites or waiting for equipment etc. I apologise for the disruption caused, please rest assured that our engineers are working as quickly as they can to get your network up and running.

If you need further help, please feel free to pop our team a message over on our social channels.

The site hasn't been damaged by any RTA. 
There is no access issues. It's on the side of the road.
Waiting for equipment? Like 8 weeks wating?
Please rest assured, no one one is looking at this issue. Your engineers haven't even looked at it, have they!