Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Website incorrectly classed as having 18+ content

JustineSMEF
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi. I manage a website for a small, registered charity (www.smef.org.uk). Recently this has been flagged by Vodafone as having 18+ content. It provides valuable help and advice for the community - it has no nudity or profanity or any other content which could be classed as adult only. Please could you tell me how to have our website reclassified? People who urgently need our support may be unable or unwilling to access the site.

Thank you

15 REPLIES 15

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @JustineSMEF, I've tried accessing your site via a Vodafone mobile connection and had no issues. Can you pop us a screenshot of the error message shown when you've tried using our network to access the site? This will help us determine why pour customers are unable to access the site and raise this to the correct team.

Thanks for your reply. This is from my phone (I am on the Vodafone network) when trying to access the SMEF website last week. Other people have told me that they have also seen this message when trying to access our site via the Vodafone network.

Screenshot_20230222_164319_Chrome.jpg

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks @JustineSMEF, I've raised this under INC000004829105. Once we have an update, we'll let you know here 🙂

Many thanks

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @JustineSMEF! We've had an update from the team and they've reclassified this for you. Any changes can take up to 36 hours to complete and they've advised to clear your cache and cookies as well. If there's anything else we can help with, please let us know 🙂

Hi Team I have similar issue with our Website, its not working on Vodafone Network "www.visnetworks.uk". Can you please help to sort this out ?

No problem, I have raised a case to the team for review. We will be in touch when it has been completed. 

Hi my website www.drsilbersteinclinic.co.uk  has been wrongly classified can you please raise this for review ASAP. 

Hey @Mrssophieburrow I hope you're doing well. Your website is being flagged as containing 'Phishing content' and is therefore marked as 'Malicious' by some security vendors. You can check this for yourself here. We would need these flags to be cleared in order for us to raise the site for reclassification.