Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Superhero TV shows

Retired-Wayne
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey all,

Since I only really watch superhero TV shows, I thought I’d start a topic that encompasses all of them.

I literally can’t get enough of them, so below I’ll list my top three, in the order of my favourites.

1. The Flash – I found the show seriously good. Very good story, funny and exciting. I really can’t wait for season 2. Easily my most favourite show.
  2. Daredevil – I was really surprised by how good this was. Especially as it was the first of the Netflix/Marvel alliance. The fight scenes were so well choreographed. It was dark and gritty, but extremely character driven.
  3. Agents of Shield – Even though this is still one of my favourite TV shows, I will admit to still being a little behind on the latest series (one thing after another has meant I’ve been a bit busy). However, I’ve seen up to just after half way and it’s a really good show. I’m interested to see where they take it, now they’ve introduced superpowers.

Arrow – Probably would have been top of my list 12 months ago, but I really feel like it lost its way this season. Fingers crossed for improvements with season 4.

Gotham – The Joker episode was a real highlight, but I’m still not sure where this show will be going long term. Is it a show about young Bruce? Or is it about Detective Gordon? I don’t think they even know.

Constantine – I enjoyed John Constantine’s character, I thought the actor played him well, but I’ve still not caught up with the whole season and it’s now been cancelled, so I suppose that says it all.

Let me know what your favourites were and what you’re looking forward to next season.

17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@thesoupdragon wrote:

Not seen the Arrow yet but plan to have a marathon watch fest.

Same for DD and Gotham.

My daughter wanted to watch them with me but had exams, so we've got them saved to watch later.

be careful if you're watching DD with your daughter if she's squemish. i like Game of Thrones and am used to that level of violence but there were parts in DD that made me feel sick. Fantastic show though and the violence mades sense and compliments the story.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I recently binge watched Daredevil and loved it! :smileyvery-happy:

As you said @Anonymous, any violence was there for a reason and not just for the sake of it.

grolschuk
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

Not quite in the same ballpark as the above, but it seems they are bringing back another series of Heroes.

Some old faces, mostly new.

Kinda missed out on the last series of S.H.I.E.L.D. noticed episode 3 was on randomly one day, couldn't find E1 and 2, so gonna wait for the series to be available.

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@grolschuk That new Heroes trailer music gave me goosebumps! Glad to see Micah and Hiro return among some other familiar faces. :Smiling:

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

I'm currently half way through season 3 of Heroes - enjoying it.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

63johnw
I loved Heroes but they cancelled it ! First I have heard of it starting again, that's great news !

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Oooh I used to love Heroes!

That's great news! :Laughing_Face:

thesoupdragon

I've just finished an almighty Netflix binge on DareDevil and Jessica Jones...

Absolutely loved both of the shows, realy gritty and raw!

I can't wait for the next Seasons to begin :smileyhappy: