Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broadband app won’t pair with phone

lukejmcgrath
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My broadband app won’t pair with my phone, it hangs on the screen that asks me to press WPS for 2 seconds. 

I've tried turning off mobile data, deleting and reinstalling the app and turning my router off and on again. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi

AHA!

WPS enables you to easily connect wireless devices to your Vodafone Wi-Fi Hub. Here, you can choose how you want to connect your wireless devices.

WPS Function

WPS is applied to

Pair your devices by pressing a button

To pair your device, press 'Pair'. Then press the WPS button on the device you want to connect.
Your Vodafone Wi-Fi Hub will be open for pairing for up to two minutes after you've pressed 'Pair.'
Start pairing

On my old VM hub it also gave an option to enter a PIN number.

So the app is deficient to the extent of 1 pairing button.

iOS 10.1 or better?
Daft idea, the base of the hub has a QR code?

View solution in original position

43 REPLIES 43

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @lukejmcgrath Looks like you've already tried most of the steps we'd normal advise here! Please could you remove the power lead from your router for 30 seconds, then pop it back in and wait until the lights have turned green? You'll then need to restart your phone and try to pair again. If you're still unable to successfully pair after trying this, I'd recommend dropping us a message on social media here  and we can get this raised to our Tech team for you 👌    

Hi Jack

No luck I’m afraid. I’m in contact with the team on Twitter now. 

Luke 

Don’t seem to be making much progress via social media. 

I have learned that iPhones don’t support WPS so I’m really confused why the iOS app asks me to pair to my router that way. 

Any ideas? 

Hi

WPS is to allow almost any device to pair/connect to your modem/router for a period of 20 - 60 seconds.

WITHOUT any password etc.

VodaFoneWPS.png

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/16969iEFA857933A15E0BC/image-size/thumb/cr...

Usually for printers with a limited set of buttons to enable the entry of the wifi

SSID and Passwurd

Sometimes the WPS has a PIN as an alternative.

So   ??????????????????

IPhones don’t support WPS and the only option I get to connect to my router in the broadband app is WPS. 

Hi

So the 2 ways usually are....

To enter the SSID of the Wi-Fi and then the password.

Why is this not available?

OR attempt to connect using WPS, BUT you need to know the SSID of the Wi-Fi and press connect.

The router / modem is set to accept connections without a password.

The iPhone does not need or use WPS for this.

IF however I am wrong and you are trying to connect a device to the iPhone such that the iPhone is the "router" using 4G or 5G then I am somewhat stuck.

Hi

When I download the Vodafone Broadband app it only my gives me one way to sync it with my WiFi - WPS. Which is why I’m so confused and stuck. 

I’ve added a screenshot to my first post - this is all I get, no other option and it just hangs on here. I’ve tried pressing the WPS button as it says but have now learned there’s no way that can work with an iPhone. 

Absolutely stumped!

Hi

So you have a VodaFone modem/router and the only device you have to connect / use with that modem router is an iPhone?

Absolutely no PC, tablet, TV or any other device?  YES / NO

AND rather than just choose the normal way to connect to a Wi-Fi, SSID and PasswUrd, you are using an app?

Why?

If you visit a public place and they have wifi how do you connect?

Hi,

Thanks for sticking with me and trying to help- we're talking about different things which is causing the confusion.

I have no general problems with my wifi or my router, all my devices connect fine.

I want to use the Vodaphone Broadband app on my iPhone - https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/vodafone-broadband/id985918725

I have downloaded the app but it will not pair to my router so I cant use the app.

The problem seems to be that the only way it will pair is by pressing the WPS button - which won't work for my (or any) iPhone. I get no other option to pair the Vodafone Broadband app with my router so can't use the app.