main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

Website Incorrectly Blocked

SOLVED
View solved solution
User22
2: Seeker

Hi 

The website www.christianconcern.com is being incorrectly blocked by your content control filters, please could you unblock it?

This is a Christian advocacy group and there is nothing harmful or of a restricted nature on the website.

Please could you let me know when this has been unblocked?

Many thanks,

Malcolm

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Amanda

You may find it more convenient to get in touch over social media @User22 - or the person you're reporting it for can and they'll also be able to send us that screenshot 🙂 

View solution in original position

View more options
13 REPLIES 13
Beth

Hi @User22! I've checked this my side and Secure Net isn't blocking this. Can you pop us over a screenshot of the error you're getting when you're trying to access the website please? 

View more options
User22

Hi Beth

Unfortunately I don't have a screenshot as this was reported to me. Is there a better way of reaching Vodafone for this type of issue that you are aware of please?

Many thanks,

Malcolm 

View more options
Cynric
13: Advanced Member

.@User22 I have checked via this site https://www.blocked.org.uk/  and it appears not to be blocked. It could be a temporary problem. Meanwhile have you tried changing DNS settings to 8.8.8.8 or 1.1.1.1 ?

View more options
CrimsonLiar

It isn't blocked by Vodafone, but as an Anti-LGBT, Anti-Trans, Anti-Womans rights, Anti-truth site, anti-freedom of/from religion, and general hate site, it probably should be, just as it is blocked by various other DNS providers - even on their non-filtered servers (something I've never seen before)!

View more options
HappyNomad
15: Advanced member

@CrimsonLiar wrote:

It isn't blocked by Vodafone, but as an Anti-LGBT, Anti-Trans, Anti-Womans rights, Anti-truth site, anti-freedom of/from religion, and general hate site, it probably should be, just as it is blocked by various other DNS providers - even on their non-filtered servers (something I've never seen before)!

Would I be right in thinking the site doesn’t feature in your favourites list? 😁😉😁

View more options
CrimsonLiar

It's effectively a copycat of Project-Blitz from the USA.  If you deep dive into this site it is truly vile and hateful!

You are correct in assuming that such hate sites are not in my favourites list!

View more options
Amanda

You may find it more convenient to get in touch over social media @User22 - or the person you're reporting it for can and they'll also be able to send us that screenshot 🙂 

View more options
User22

Okay great thanks for the advice Amanda

Take care and have a good day!

View more options
Amanda

It's my pleasure @User22 🙂 - hope you have a lovely day too! 

View more options
CrimsonLiar

So Vodafone is now actively encouraging HATE sites?  It does not take a very deep dive onto this site to find all the hate against multiple groups on that site, as such, it is clearly not suitable for children and if not blocked it should be!

View more options
Cynric

I don't think that VF are doing anything actively. ISPs are generally "net neutral" and usually only block sites after a legal process.

Actually, I'm not sure that "actively" is in VF's dictionary, just have a look at some of the other threads. 😁

View more options
david1234es

@User22 wrote:

Hi 

The website www.christianconcern.com is being incorrectly blocked by your content control filters, please could you unblock it?

This is a Christian advocacy group and there is nothing harmful or of a restricted nature on the website.

Please could you let me know when this has been unblocked?

Many thanks,

Malcolm

Hi

same for the website [Removed]

😑

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove off topic/personal information/inappropriate content please see Community Guidelines]

View more options
Amanda

Hi there @david1234es 👋 there doesn't seem to be any restrictions from our side - what's happening when people try to access it? 

View more options