Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

What hours does help line work?

Tiggerfan
4: Newbie

Our broadband has not connected for several hours. Cityfibre in Poole. All the online checks say no fault found. I have been round in circles more than 6 times, ie check this check that reboot etc etc.  It always say chat with us. Then it says you have reached us outside our opening hours. If your device is lost or stolen call blah blah.

When I signed up I did not expect such apalling service.  At the very least this web page should state what the actual opening hours are. I cannot find this simple info anywhere.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Odd as I wouldn't expect it to need to connect to the router to do a Broadband service test. It's under Support & Diagnostics

Are you sure you're not trying to do the speed check.

You can do the same test from a browser.

View solution in original position

13 REPLIES 13

Cynric

.@Tiggerfan Rather oddly, from your experience, their web says 24/7 here https://www.vodafone.co.uk/contact-us/

Mind you, my experience with the helpdesk has been very disappointing too.

Jayach

@Cynric wrote:

.@Tiggerfan Rather oddly, from your experience, their web says 24/7 here https://www.vodafone.co.uk/contact-us/

They're referring to the fact you can "speak" to the brain-dead bot Tobi.

Better to bash your head against a brick wall, it will have much the same effect.

Thanks everyone.  I was perhaps stupidly using the app called Ecare Vodafone Broadband Check. It kept saying no fault found and then says I'm outside working hours.

It would be useful if the app referred to the link supplied above. Guess this is the infamous TOBI.  Have now saved that link as well.

And another issue cropped up with the Ecare Vodafone Broadband Check.   You are not allowed to save screenshots.  I can understand why the banks do it but why on earth do it on a helpline???  So for the record I attached a photo of my phone!IMG-20221105-WA0003.jpg

Jayach

@Tiggerfan 

You picture hasn't been moderated yet.

I've never heard of Ecare Vodafone Broadband Check, is that an actual Vodafone service? Do you have a link?

They seem to use ECare as a business service/brand, are you a business customer?

If you are looking to test your broadband, I would use the links from this page:

Home broadband help | Vodafone

According to my phone I installed it from google play store. It must have been 4 or 5 months agowhen we last had a service fail.  It is version 1.   I have to log in to  my vodafone account to use it so it must be genuine?  Here is photo of the icon20221107_142812.jpg  The site settings in the app info says it uses myaccount.vodafone.co.uk

Have said that I just ran a search on play store and cannot find it. Maybe it was withdrawn.

Jayach

This is the current Vodafone broadband app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.reply.cordless.uk

It includes a broadband service test, but it is the same one that is on the website.

Yes, I use that one a lot and gave it a good review on play store back in May.  However it does not work at all when there is no internet connection so pretty useless last Saturday night. 

Jayach

@Tiggerfan wrote:

Yes, I use that one a lot and gave it a good review on play store back in May.  However it does not work at all when there is no internet connection so pretty useless last Saturday night. 

Strange, I've just used it to do a Broadband service test using only a mobile connection and it works fine for me.