cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wireless channel selection missing in expert mode?

Adster
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello

I was having some issues with my modem/router THG-3000, so I did a factory reset. However, now there is no option to select the wireless channels in expert mode. I need to manually select my 5GHZ channel to achieve max speeds on my wireless.

Was this removed by a recent firmware update or is my router bugged?

Thanks for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I found a solution to change the channel! While the issue still does exist (and hopefully they fix it soon) when trying to change the channel in Expert Mode, if you have Vodafone App you cna change the channel for your Wi-Fi through that. I hav the iOS version of the app, and in that, if I go to Wi-Fi, then Advanced Settings I cna change the channel in there. Hope this helps!

View solution in original position

206 REPLIES 206

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

I've got 4.2.2 and no you can't choose channels. I doubt they will reinstate that option anytime soon.

Does the speed icon on the app work for anyone? It has never worked for me when I try to use it it gives an error message. "Sorry we're working on an issue". It's always been like that and when I used chat (never again it was horrible) they said it would be fixed in a week, but that was a month ago.

Hey, how are you able to roll back the router firmware. I can’t find anywhere to download the routers firmware to upload myself?

I was referring to the phone app, not sure if you can with the router.

Just as an FYI, I'm running and iPhone and a VOX3.0 router. Both the Vodafone Broadband App and Router received updates over the last few days and WiFi channels can now be selected as they could previously.

That's interesting, thanks for letting us know! 

Good to know.  What's the new router firmware version?

Take from this what you will, but not sure what’s relevant and irrelevant - 19.2.0307-3261013-20200812152603-87d129527e2b6c5db641b036118778179b03c3da

Hmm strange that's what mine says but still can't change channels 🤔

Yup. Looks like the same firmware version on our router, installed today.

I have the same issue, no channel selection. And as others have pointed out some devices (I'm looking at you, FireStick) can't see the higher channel numbers.

This is a very annoying problem, and I'm unsure why dumbing down the router has helped anyone?

(also, is it possible to rename this thread as NOT SOLVED, hmmm?)

Just to confirm Fly Chips' experience - I now have channel selection on my router, with f/w 19.2.0307-3261013.

Curiously, I'm sure it wasn't there this morning, but after I posted on this forum it appeared, which seems a remarkable coincidence?? My router has been online for 37 days, so it's had this firmware for at least that long.

Sorry I can't help anyone else with it, but it is definitely possible to have the option. Maybe it needs Vodafone to enable it from their end. Only other consideration is that my broadband is on a business account, not sure if that has any relevance though.