cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wireless channel selection missing in expert mode?

Adster
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello

I was having some issues with my modem/router THG-3000, so I did a factory reset. However, now there is no option to select the wireless channels in expert mode. I need to manually select my 5GHZ channel to achieve max speeds on my wireless.

Was this removed by a recent firmware update or is my router bugged?

Thanks for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I found a solution to change the channel! While the issue still does exist (and hopefully they fix it soon) when trying to change the channel in Expert Mode, if you have Vodafone App you cna change the channel for your Wi-Fi through that. I hav the iOS version of the app, and in that, if I go to Wi-Fi, then Advanced Settings I cna change the channel in there. Hope this helps!

View solution in original position

206 REPLIES 206

I'm facing exactly the same problem today. It's frustrating to know there is nothing I can do.

Maybe Vodafone can give us an update - they’re very quiet on here!! 

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, we've not have any confirmation that this been removed. Have you tried to process this through the MyVodafone app as @bigad1992 suggested? We're unable to go into account specifics over the forum but our social media team are available to help 24/7 🙂

As all the screenshots show, channel selection has been removed from both the router and the app. I don’t feel there is much more we can share/do until it’s resolved your end Vodafone.

I cant believe after all this time vodafone and their moderator's are still not acknowledging this.  They are utterly useless im afraid and you're chances of getting anywhere with them is virtually impossible.   they will say contact the media chats on Facebook and twitter and will have you running in circles.   The best thing to do is leave vodafone as soon as you can and raise as many written email complaints you can.  They dont fulfil their promises and you just end up frustrated.   

Check my post a few posts earlier on getting a previous version of the app.  uninstall the new one and install the old one.  Android only by the way

Maybe we should bombard TrustPilot with reviews of their ineptitude? 

If you've tried the way that @Beth has suggested, the best option would be to contact us using Facebook, Twitter or WebChat with your details. We haven't had confirmation that this service has been removed, however we would like to explore this in more detail. You can find how to contact us here

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@MarkD. As you are asking us to confirm that the wireless channel option has been removed from the router firmware and the latest version of the app means none of you are on Vodafone or you could do it yourself.

Don't blame you at all for going with someone else.

What an absolute joke! You’ve seen the screen grabs, you’ve heard us all complain - and yet you still bang on about not having confirmation from Vodafone and blah, blah, blah. I’d like a substantial refund for the great speeds I’m unable to use because Vodafone has removed the channels option, rendering my great speeds completely useless! 

I am more concerned that the wi-fi analyser pages for 2.4ghz and 5ghz on the router software shows different channels in use from those shown on the main wi-fi sections of the Status page.

This doesn't instill confidence in Vodafone's abilities....