Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can't topup sim, account details not available

MattOG
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hey,

I'm having issues topping up a PAYG sim.

- Phoning 2345 starts with the message "We're sorry, but your balance is currently unavailable", any attempt to TopUp results in failure with some sort of "unknown problem with our system", that's with PayPal, Debit Card, and Voucher.

- I attempted to topup online, via PayPal, Debit Card, and Voucher, all failed with a similarly vague error.

- I downloaded MyVodafone, registered, loading the app shows "We're sorry, we can't find this information right now" in the Data and Credit sections, again, any attempt to TopUp via PayPal, Debit Card, and Voucher all failed, usually with the app just refreshing without any error message.

Any help to investigate what's going on (it's possible the sim is in the semi-deactivated state?) would be appreciated. I've already tried the online chat, and ended up on the phone to them, they promised me it would work, but it failed.

Thanks

Matt

6 REPLIES 6

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I think we're going to need to access your account to take a look into this @MattOG. As we're unable to do this through our Community, pop us a message through our social channels and we'll be happy to help 😊

Just to let you know, when you message us privately our digital assistant will try to help. You can speak to us directly by selecting 'Get started' followed by 'asked to DM'.

Done, and done.

Thanks muchly so far ❤️

Hi @Mark, can I ask if there's anybody technical that can look at my request? I've sent the messages as requested, and been told to go into a store.

As a precaution I asked for confirmation that they will be able to help, to which I was asked to provide screenshots of the errors. Upon doing this the response I got shows my original message hasn't been read, and my screenshots haven't been looked at. I was told it's great that I bought a voucher, and they hope it works, and then given advice to topup online next time....

Whilst I appreciate that not all things can be pushed "up" the technical support ladder, I'd at least like to be at the rung where my request is investigated seriously.

Hi @MattOG I completely understand where you're coming from, so we can locate your conversation can you provide your full name or username as it appears on your social account, and we will take a further look for what other actions can be taken. If you don`t want to give these details here could you please update the personal details in your profile and we can grab them from there, just let us know once you have done this 😊 

Hey @Andy, I've since received another response and provided a voucher to try and apply. My twitter handle is GestaNV . I also don't want to come across as rude, I've worked in customer service and I understand tiered support very well and respect all levels. I just wish the triage system was more effective 😉

Thanks

Matt

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks for passing that across @MattOG - I've popped a message back over to you on Twitter to get this sorted. I appreciate you've had a less than ideal journey with this so far and I'm eager to get this sorted for you.