Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobile number no longer recognised by Vodafone

Anders
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi,  My elderly mum's Pay as You Go mobile has stopped receiving and she cannot make calls, just the message 'Emergency calls only'. She topped the phone up with £30 a few months ago and as she seldom uses it to make calls only texts, she can't have used up all of her credit. I've tried to ring Vodafone customer service but I'm asked to input the mobile number I'm contacting them about but when I do the automated message says that the number has not been recognised! Consequently, I'm stuck in a bit of a 'Catch-22' type situation, unable to contact them about the situation..... I've seen the twitter and Facebook links but I'm not on either of those. Any suggestions of how I could get in touch with a real person about the situation would be much appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

When your asked to input the mobile number ignore the prompt and after a few times of asking it should put you through @Anders 

Or Have a word with Vodafone Social Media Team's via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries and they'll help.

It takes but a few minutes to create a Twitter Account and then you can deactivate it after.

Link back to your thread here including your forum username so your not having to repeat yourself.

They may have disconnected the account due to inactivity.

The timeframe breaks down like this …
If a person does not make an activity as described above in 90 consecutive days then Vodafone make contact via sms to advise. Then if after 45 days no usage is made they send a final notification and then give another 45 days to make some activity.
Then the Payg account could be suspended and the number and account credit lost.
The mobile number is typically quarantined for a length of time and then put back into the number pool to be redistributed to another person.
If a Payg account is suspended then a person has 90 days to ask Vodafone to re activate the Payg account via 0333 304191,  191 from a Vodafone phone, 

Payg reconnection window is 90 days.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for your help. I'll try to sort it tomorrow.

AnnS

Hi @Anders 

If your Mother topped up just a few months ago, it's highly unlikely she has been disconnected from the network, she will be well within the time frame before Vodafone would disconnect the number from the network.

However, even though she may only send a few texts messages, it amazing just how quickly £30.00 could have been used.  It's probable your Mother was on the PAYG 1 tariff, where there is any outgoing activity in the way of using data, one call or sending one text message, Vodafone would take £1.00 per day from the credit balance. 

I would suggest trying your Mother's SIM in your phone or an alternative phone and trying a different SIM in your Mothers phone, this will confirm if this is a SIM issue or a problem with the phone.   

In the unlikely event that Vodafone have disconnected the number, as you don't use Social Channels, I would recommend following this link: Vodafone Complaints . 

Hopefully, this will just be something simple to solve.

Thanks for you help. Visiting her tomorrow so I'll try to sort it then.