cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New PAYG user (new to mobile phones too)

LeShay
3: Seeker

Hi

As above, had to bite the bullet and get my first mobile phone.

I joined Vodophone with a £10 bundle (not a monthly plan as I understand it).  This phone is for 'emergency use only', and so, I want to use it without a monthly plan.

Am I correct in thinking that when the £10 bundle expires I can continue to use the account by 'topping up' and that the 'topped up amount' will only go towards any calls/texts etc I use on the phone and will not expire through time?

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @LeShay 

If your using the phone for emergency I would suggest to turn Off Mobile Data in the phone's settings to stop charges for Internet access you may not intend.

You'll only lose the account, mobile number and top up credit if you don't use the phone at least once every 180 days. Usage means topping up or making an activity such as making a call or texting or using data.

You can see via your myvodafone what tariff and plan type your on.

If you need any more information or advice please don't hesitate to ask. :Smiling:

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi

Thanks for the replies. 

It is now nearing my first month and the £10 plan will end.  I currently have £0.00 credit in my account.  I understand from the previous answers that I do not need to renew the plan and will revert to a straight PAYG.  However. I am thinking that I need to add some funds to my account to keep ahead of my possible further chargeable calls/texts etc (even though I am only using it for emergency use).  Am I correct in thinking I need to have credit BEFORE making any outgoing use of the phone?

LeShay

Hi

I followed advice from this forum and am now out of my first month package and PAYG.

I will need to make an outgoing call/text before 180 days is reached  to keep going.

I can't find anywhere in my account that shows my current status with respact to day count - is there somewhere that shows this?

AnnS

Hi @LeShay 

As your bundle has expired you will automatically be on the PAYG 1 tariff and you will need to add some credit for your emergency use from here: Top Up 

The best way to find your balance is by downloading the application from this link:  Getting Started The only thing this won't tell you is when you have made the last chargeable activity and that is going to be something you are going to need to keep track of.  The good news is Vodafone won't just disconnect the service, they will send you a text reminder followed by a further reminder 45 days later and you still have a further 45 days to top up or make a chargeable connection to remain connected.