Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Online account error

mike37p
4: Newbie

I get the following error message when I sign on to my account - under the account summary tab

"Sorry, there seems to be a problem

We're working hard to fix the issue, so please try again later.: 104, Unexpected error: Invalid Data Value - AccountID should be Numeric(Error codes: 104_ null) - [Error ref 1j2]"

I've reported this and was told it would be fixed in "a few day" but no-one would contact me when it was!

Its a few days later, it isn't fixed and no-one has contacted me.

To me it looks like an internal error where the account number (which starts AM) isn't compaitble with a new update.

Any ideas how I can sort this out? 

167 REPLIES 167

Still no news and still unable to access my account. Does Vodafone actually care about it's customers even though they know there is a problem ?????

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Dave51 Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. The first lot of examples have been sent, so the dedicated team will have already started looking into this. I'll be happy to send over your examples to them too. So I'm able to find your email in our queue, please let me know your reference number - it looks something like this [#12345678]. Once I have this, we can pass on your information. 

I filled in the form on the PM you sent me, but have not had any reference number, more poor customer service from Vodafone.

This thread ( https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-as-you-go/Online-account-error/td-p/2604682 ) started on 12th August after I spent about two weeks with no resolution from various advisers most of whom tried to prove it was an account problem. The final resolution was on 18th August so it took about 5 weeks to resolve a standard verification issue which any vaguely competent coder code do in less than 10 minutes.

I don't know what the problem here is but I do know that it must be related to something common that has changed. If it was an account issue then it would be unlikely to show in these specifically numbered AM* accounts. 

So it will still take some time because the "dedicated team" have only just been made aware of the issues and being as dedicated as they are I'm sure they put all effort into resolving it.

I believe (have a look at this thread showing the way the problem was resolved previously) that "protocol" is more important than resolving customer problems so I'm sorry that all affected are still unable to use their services but pleased I've moved my accounts now.

I will watch with interest to see how this pans out. 

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Dave51 Have you checked your email's Junk and Spam folders for any automated emails back from us when you submitted the form? You should've received an email acknowledging your form submission and this would have a unique reference number in the subject field. 

I have checked all folders and nothing there so I have just resubmitted it  but so far no acknowledge email back so looks like another problem with Vodafone customer service. So what happens now?????

I can only find an old closed entry for this from 2016 which doesn't solve my problem. The problem is identical: When I sign onto vodafone.co.uk using my PC and check My account summary I see my name and an AM number  and the information box saying "There are currently no services being used on this account."  (I can still manage my account settings)

I have had a PAYG mobile with Vodafone for 18+ years. I have managed to hang on to my text & web freebies (yes, I know it's a miracle) which means I top up £10 and it lasts me about 2 months as I don't use much data.

I usually top up on line using my PC at vodafone.co.uk/myvodafone when I also check up on my chargeable calls and texts to see where my money has gone. (Some can be claimed against tax. ) I can now no longer do any of that. It first happened about 3 weeks ago and is still ongoing. When I opened up a chat message I was told that it's a online technical problem that should be fixed in the next 24 hours. Really?????? Can anyone help please? If I can't check what chargeable calls texts & date I've used then staying with vodafone is not viable. Many thanks.

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@SuperStomper That's a strange error, I'm sorry this is causing you issues with your My Vodafone online account. We'd love to help get this fixed for you. I've sent you a Private Message with instructions on how to get in touch with us securely, please follow the steps included and we'll see what's causing this odd error. 

It not that strange as a number of people including me have same issue.

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-as-you-go/Online-account-error/m-p/2629980/highlight/false#M8945

If you are lucky enough to fix it please post on here thanks

I too am having the same issue as the person that posted the original thread so there clearly is a problem with the online service. If I try to get a balance reading on my phone it is all gobbledegook so I thought I would check online using my PC and I am not able to check the balance. Last week I topped up by £10 as I had been unable to make any calls (a friend of mine had the same issue last week and they had plenty of credit on their phone) but I assumed that maybe I didn't and topped up. Currently I have no way of checking my usage, balance or anything else much because of the message stated on the original thread. Help please.